Rayonier Advanced Materials is the leading global supplier of high-purity, cellulose specialties products, a natural polymer for the chemical industry. Working closely with its customers, the company engineers natural polymeric chemical chains to create dozens of customized high-purity performance fibers at its plants in Florida and Georgia.
Rayonier Advanced Materials’ intellectual property and manufacturing processes have been developed over 85years, resulting in unique properties and very high quality and consistency. The company’s facilities can produce up to 675,000 metric tons of cellulose specialties products for use in a wide range of industrial and consumer products such as filters, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
Rayonier Advanced Materials is consistently ranked among the nation’s top 50 exporters and delivers products to 79 ports around the world, serving customers in 20 countries across five continents.
Located in Fernandina Beach, FL,reporting to theEngineering Manager, the Sr. Project Engineer will become theengineering “system owner” for boilers and plant utility department systems and projects. Selects scope, equipment,contractors/labor etc. for assigned projects to ensure boilers and utility department systemreliability. Prepares cost estimates, equipment evaluations, project appropriation requests (PAR's), and designs for many projects ranging from minor equipment alterations to major capital improvements.Responsible for timely completion and cost control of all projects assigned. Possesses the ability and expertise to proceed on all projects with a minimum ofsupervision and assistance. Must have a working knowledge of boilers and utilities processes and management procedures. Prepares in-depth feasibility studies, project appropriation requests, economic analysis and cost estimates for additions and modifications. Works with consultantengineeringfirms to develop larger and more complex projects while managing costs.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering. Mechanical or Chemical preferred.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years engineeringexperience. Strong preference for experience with industrial or utility boilers. Experience managing engineering related projects is mandatory.
- Must have specialized knowledge of one or more areas in industrial or utility boilers, pulp manufacturing, equipment and process design, and plaint maintenance practices, and project management. Must be able to take a project from inception to completion with minimal supervision. Must be capable of providing technical assistance and direction to interdisciplinary engineering personnel. May be required to assume the management responsibilities of the Plant Engineer.
- Excellent computer skills with software systems/applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required