This person will be working as part of the Commercial-Golf Engineering group in Tucson Arizona focusing on quality improvements to improve customer satisfaction as well as new product development and cost reduction efforts for the rotor and spray product categories. Candidate must be a strong project leader and is expected to provide technical leadership and occasional supervision of engineers, technicians, interns and support staff.
- Develop product design and process improvements that address root cause return drivers.
- Work closely with manufacturing plants on implementing improvements.
- Lead quality improvement projects from initial conception/justification through validation and implementation.
- Use CAD modeling and analysis tools to design product solutions.
- Lead new product development, brainstorming, prototyping and implementation of new concepts from concept to production implementation.
- Complete tooling projects for new or modified plastic injection molds.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years of design and project engineering with increasing levels of responsibility
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design/mechanical engineering concepts
- Product development using 3D CAD packages including modeling, assembly, and drafting
- Proven success in product development as a member or leader of a cross-functional team
- Project management and planning experience
- Knowledge of basic assembly methods including fasteners, snap fits, and sonic welding
- Understanding of structures/fluids and basic knowledge of material mechanics
- Experience with plastic component design and thermoplastic/thermoset materials
- Experience with injection mold tooling, Moldflow, and processing
- Acceptance of light to moderate travel including Nogales, Sonora and Tijuana, BC
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced degree (MS or MBA)
- Supervisory engineering management experience
- Practical experience with problem solving methods such as 8D or DMAIC approaches
- Knowledge of SPC, FMEA, DOE and process capability studies
- Understanding and application of root cause analysis, optimization, and reliability studies
- Knowledge of FEA and CFD – performing finite element analysis
- CAD modeling and drafting experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with fluid control devices and solenoids