The senior project engineering position will use broad technical skills to oversee and lead special (customer or non-customer related) engineering projects. This position has the responsibility of driving the development of the fundamental design(s) specification that governs a project. This position requires the mentoring for development of engineers as well as advising for critical issues on projects. Cross functional engagement and being able to execute in a team environment is a necessity. Some traveling may be required for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with integrated teams to help develop global solutions to the entire product line that oceaneering has to offer in Panama City.
- Coordinates the effective utilization of engineering procedures, methods, design reviews, reporting, documentation and archiving of data required.
- Mentors and instructs engineers and designers to create efficient and complete design packages through the use of a structured design approach.
- Provides high level expertise in specific areas to multiple projects.
- Perform project engineering work on active projects as required.
- Determine design verification and validation requirements.
- Interface with internal stakeholders such as project management, process engineering, testing/termination, and other sites of Oceaneering.
- Travel may be required of this position on an infrequent basis.
- Aftermarket customer support including specialist/trouble-shooting support.
- Support manufacturing/testing functions for questions, comments, concerns, or non-conformances when required.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Marine, or Ocean Engineering.
- Minimum eight (8) years engineering experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures/reports, governmental regulations, client specifications, and industry specifications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and vendors.
- Experience in the use of Mathcad or other engineering calculation programs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Autocad, and Solidworks.
- A U.S government issued TWIC badge is required to obtain access to the Port of Panama City.
- Active Professional Engineering License.
- Experience in Process Improvement and Product Development.
- MS Degree in Mechanical, Marine, or Ocean Engineering.
- Subsea product manufacturing experience (Umbilicals, EFL’s, HFL’s, SDU’s, Subsea Trees, Manifolds etc.).
- Experience with large scale and complex subsea projects for major exploration companies.
- Experience leading project engineering teams.
- Significant client interface experience.