A leader in global irrigation, Rain Bird has a dynamic opportunity for you to join our team. You will model our core values including ethical behavior and integrity, safety, quality and hard work while making a difference in the organization through the relationships you develop and by becoming a trusted advisor to the business.
Rain Bird Corporation is one of the leading irrigation manufacturers in the world. A privately held company founded in 1933, we have over 4,000 product offerings, and have been awarded over 450 patents. Rain Bird is committed to the Intelligent Use of Water™. It is our legacy to design and manufacture only those products of the highest value and quality.
Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of new product development involving conceptualization, development, production implementation and post-launch support in a cross-functional team environment. We’re looking for a self-starter, capable of working independently across multiple SBU’s and functional organizations. Candidate will also work closely with marketing and sales teams, and will initiate and develop ideas that will enhance and expand the Landscape Drip and Agricultural extruded product lines. Candidate must be a strong project leader and is expected to provide technical leadership and occasional supervision of engineers, technicians, interns and support staff.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineeringor related technical discipline
- 5+ years of product design and project engineering, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with demonstrated competence in plastics, molded and extrusion designs
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of design and mechanicalengineering concepts
- Proven success in product development as a leader of cross-functional team
- Conceive and implement cost reductions and quality improvements
- Proficiency in project management and execution and effective project scheduling
- Proficiency in 3D solid modeling CAD software (SolidWorks preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced team environment
- Advanced degree (ME or MBA)
- Direct supervisory experience managing engineering staff
- 3+ years of design experience of low cost, high volume, high quality products
- Working knowledge of FMEA, DOE, SPC, FEA and CFD
- Working knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, sensors, control systems, PLC programming, and the like.