Overall Job Summary
The Project Engineer will assume a technical role in developing and leading a variety of engineering projects within area of assigned responsibility (e.g., Capital equipment specification/installation/commissioning, site and facility engineering, new process development, component/assembly/subassembly sourcing/design/improvement, asset reliability improvement, etc).
- Reviews product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Serve as technical lead on engineering projects of varies sizes by providing end-to-end technical and leadership contributions and support to ensure project success.
- Develops and coordinates all project activities including technical/engineering details, project plans, budgets, timelines, and turnover documents.
- Directs and leads integration of technical activities and products.
- Ensures that specifications include all required drawings, and adherence/compliance/identification of accepted standards (e.g., ANSI ASTM, DIN)
- Controls expenditures within limitations of project budget.
- Prepares interim and completion project reports.
- May have responsibility for technical direction of other lower level project engineers or field engineers.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Responsible for supervising multiple projects.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low/moderate.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline or natural/physical science or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key accountabilities of the job required
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 5+ years engineering and technical project leadership with a progressive industrial, automation, or advanced technology company required
- Deep familiarity and supplier experience in one or more of the following technology areas: a) materials and materials processing, b) advanced manufacturing technology (e.g., additive manufacturing), c) industrial controls and automation, d) robotics, e) machine tools/related capital equipment, f) graphic/printing, g) packaging, h) printing and marking systems, i) fluid control.
- Formal training in engineering project management, lean techniques, quality improvement tolls, and specific industrial enabling technologies (e.g. PLCs) highly desired
- Project Management Professional credential preferred
- Working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, mechatronic, hydraulic and electrical systems & components.
- Proficient in lean techniques and quality analysis tools such as 5D, SPC, PFMEA, etc.
- Periodic travel is required, including the potential for international travel
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled