Purpose of Role
The Project Engineer is responsible for the development of control systems for automating manufacturing processes and packaging systems and deliver projects to the business that provide a competitive advantage.
Controls design includes developing control concepts, program design, functional and equipment specifications, instrumentation selection and operator interface development. The Project Engineer also directs the modification and installation of electrical and control systems.
This is accomplished by:
- The technical and project management knowledge required to execute projects that deliver stated business objectives
- Contributing to a winning environment which promotes safety, trust and confidence
- Complying with and reinforcing safety, security and environmental policies
- Developing skills that support excellence in execution and leadership, including effective communications and establishing clear accountability with the project team, contractors and vendors.
- Meeting agreed upon commitments of project scope, time, and budget
- Being an active leader and participant in the project development process
- Developing detailed project scope with clear deliverables
- Developing accurate and achievable project schedules
- Developing project cost estimates with a high degree of accuracy
- Facilitates the transfer of knowledge of control systems and electrical projects to site stakeholders through the CVS process.
- Managing multiple projects to deliver safe, secure and environmentally responsible results that meet the stated project objectives
- 5-10 years’ experience in a comparable technical position - food, beverage, pharmaceutical or related industry preferable
- Basic understanding of engineering principals - knowledge of engineering disciplines: Process, Packaging, Electrical, Construction or Computer Services
- In-depth understanding of designated functional engineering area of expertise (for specific job requirement i.e. controls, process, packaging)
- Team skills - high performance team experience
- Approximately 20-50% travel requirement depending on project demands
- Preferred: Six years of control, electrical, or electronics experience including computer programming, systems analysis and design, electrical or electronics production system troubleshooting, and problem resolution will be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree is required minimum for consideration. A degree in Controls/Electrical/Electronics is preferred, including courses in computer science.