This is an exciting time to join the mechanical components engineering team as we develop new products for aircraft and engine modernizations within the commercial aviation industry. The A&TC organization within the MS&C business has an opening in the Valve Project Engineering group for a talented engineering leader with a product development background. The successful candidate will lead a 3-5 member cross-functional team or multiple small engineering teams from requirements definition (IPDS Phase 3) through completion of qualification (IPDS Phase 5). This position includes responsibility for technical leadership, cost control for an annual budget of $1-5M, schedule execution, milestone management and customer/PM interface to meet key aircraft development milestones. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, military, space and airport operations.
- Technical Problem Solving
- Customer and Leadership Communication
- Technical Documentation
- Hardware Build and Test Execution
- Schedule, Budget and Milestone dev. and management
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering
- Candidates with aircraft systems, turbine engine and/or related aerospace mechanical component experience are preferred
- Experience in hardware/component development programs.
- Technical knowledge of applicable products (valves, engines, aircraft systems, etc).
- Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems with some guidance and supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skilled in conveying technical ideas and concepts through team discussions, presentations and in writing.
- Focused on customer needs, innovative, demonstrates a sense of urgency, consistent performance, communicates effectively and builds networks.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Dedicated to customer satisfaction and capability to establish and maintain strong business relationships with suppliers, customers and co-workers.
- Conveys information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global teams.