Recognized by The Tennessean as one of the top Nashville Workplaces, Lochinvar (a business unit of A. O. Smith) is the leading producer of energy-efficient boilers, water heaters, pool heaters and commercial package systems. We focus solely on serving our customers and have a solution for all your water heating needs and because of this, have experienced double digit company growth 34 of the past 36 years.
We are expanding our Engineering team and looking for a Senior Project Engineer - New Product Development at our Lebanon, TN headquarters.
What is unique about this role?
- Reporting to a Director of Product Development, the Senior Project Engineer is the lead on their project assignments.
- The ability to own Engineering projects from concept to manufacturing.
- We have support throughout the Engineering process with our Simulation team, CAD Design team, and Lab Tech team.
- Company growth and a defined career ladder allows our Engineers to move up a Technical Expert path or a Management path.
- Conduct Project Identification meetings with Marketing/Senior Management to define project scope and provide a written description of the project.
- Plan/implement an engineering program using the Project Management System as guide to achieve the goals of the project.
- Liaison with all departmental contacts as required to gain input when needed, and effectively communicate the status of project activity routinely through scheduled project reviews/reports.
- Provide detailed test programs and guidance to assigned lab and CAD personnel in the conductance and documentation of product specific test standards; evaluate data and make recommendations.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, and customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities to efficiently resolve technical developments, rescheduling issues, and engineering design and test problems as they arise.
- Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications, and drawing releases.
- Interact with other Engineering Staff to provide input regarding areas of your expertise.
- Prepare project expense estimates and control expenditures within the limitations of the project budget.
- Collaboration between Lochinvar and respective test agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a similar field required.
- 5+ years of engineering experience.
- 3+ year of Refrigerant Cycle experience dealing with HVAC air conditioning systems and/or heat pumps.
- Air conditioning and/or Heat Pumps design and hands on testing experience.
- Experience with simulation/analysis tools (CFD, FEA), CAD tools (Solidworks), and ERP software (SAP or similar).
- Great communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills in order to balance projects within a defined schedule and budget.
- Ability to travel 10 - 15% for agency certification, review of field installations, attend meetings with other A. O. Smith Engineering teams, provide technical support to sales, etc.
Great people make our organization great and because of that, we offer a comfortable working atmosphere for our employees in our newer state-of-the-art facility, employee discounts on water filtration products, a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits plans which include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term disability programs and tuition assistance.