Harris Corporation is an industry innovator providing advanced communications and information systems to both government and commercial markets. Whether providing wideband-networking tactical radio systems for defense and security forces or deploying and operating a secure telecommunications network for air traffic control, customers trust Harris to deliver mission-critical situational awareness. The company has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue and about 23,000 employees — including 9,000 engineers and scientists — supporting customers in more than 125 countries.
This is an opportunity to take on unique challenges, expand your skills and experience, and contribute to the success and execution of the GPS III program, part of the Precision Navigation and Timing Business Area located in Clifton, New Jersey. This is a customer-facing organization and our top priority is supporting the mission needs.
Bring your technology background to a role where you will become the project manager for the engineering projects that are critical to the future of our company, and to our customers, from design through product delivery.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelordegree with 10+ years of prior related experience, or a Master’s degree with 8+ years of prior related experience, or a PhD with 3+ years of prior related experience, or a post-Secondary/Associates degree with 14+ years prior related experience
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in product life cycle management from design to product launch; including building and leading the project team
- Experience in managing projects with budgets of $10M+
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined team of engineers
- Ability to implement and/or adapt project execution plans and manage resources from multiple development groups
- Develop executable plans that will achieve technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Strong communication and negotiation skills to work with internal and external resources
- Ability to present to internal and external customers at all levels
- Strong leadership and motivational skills
- Experience working in an international or other government contracting environment
- Experience with management tools, including schedule development management, staff management and EVMS
- Flexibility to travel for customer purposes