Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Take ownership of engineering projects from conception to completion as self-directed work, applying all areas of engineering expertise to obtain feasible, effective solutions.
- Work with the maintenance and production teams to resolve operational problems and identify new opportunities. Conduct engineering analyses and present recommendations.
- Develop detailed justifications for capital expenditures and prepare project authorization forms with supporting documentation.
- Provide effective, regular communication of project status both verbally and in writing at multiple levels within the organization.
- Perform daily oversight of contractor work and coordinate with plant operations to ensure capital projects are executed efficiently and with minimal interference to manufacturing operations.
- Ensure contractors are performing work in a safe manner and adhering to site safety requirements. Determine the relevant safety policy for the scope of work and issue safe-work permits to the contractor on a daily basis.
- Work closely with Accounting and Purchasing departments to ensure total financial accountability of assigned projects and complete closure.
- Coach, lead, and mentor less experienced engineers.
- BS in Electrical Engineering coupled with at least 7 years of demonstrated, relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, including capital project management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing external contractors and ensuring the highest level of safety engagement.
- Strong ability to manage multiple capital projects and engineering assignments.
- Excellent communication skills, able to provide effective communication through all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in creating and editing complex electrical schematics and wiring diagrams using AutoCAD.
- Extensive experience with safety systems to include Lock/Tag/Verify, permitting and behavior based safety programs.
- Design and field experience with variable frequency drives, power distribution, and/or PLCs.
- Experience with web tension control, motion control, and/or coordinated drives.