Dimensions of Job:
1. Support and may direct engineering staff at all plants where assigned to projects.
2. Provide support for plant operations at those facilities. Work closely with operators and production managers during projects to identify opportunities for improvement (quality, yield, capacity, cost reduction). Lead capital, productivity and capability improvement efforts.
3. Focus on implementation of capital projects. Work in cross-functional teams to install new facilities or modify / expand existing facilities. Work with Operations and Engineering to optimize new and existing processes (quality, yield, capacity, etc.).
4. Support implementation of MMSR’s (Minimum Mandatory Standards & Requirements) with potential to lead specific efforts as a SME (Subject Matter Expert).
5. Responsible for knowledge of the basics of the regulations and laws affecting assigned work areas and work to help ensure that all regulations and laws are followed. Responsible for bringing all EH&S incidents or concerns to management for resolution.
6. Support new product development (NPD) activities as needed. May work with the FRA Technology department in plants outside the US in selection of process equipment, process scale-up and plant trials. Create cost models, determine process capability and plant capacity to aid Sales and Marketing in development of business cases.
7. Support customer technical service activities. As needed, work with the FRATechnology department to optimize product performance in customers’ applications. Provide technical consultation services for customers when requested by the Sales department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with Engineering and Operations as needed to complete capital projects, identify and correct process capability issues. Implement controls to sustain process capability improvements.
2. Assist Operations in quality improvements, cost reduction, and equipment utilization through statistical analysis and Six Sigma techniques.
3. Analyze and document plant processes and operating procedures. Change Management: Take part in training of plant operators regarding new or changes in equipment.
4. Provide technical expertise relating to equipment operation and repair.
5. Modify plant process control systems and install field instrumentation to acquire process data and trending for analysis / process troubleshooting.
6. Implement and manage expense and capital projects. Prepare project documentation, including: feasibility reports, project estimates, scopes of work, EH&S reviews, and capital appropriations requests (CAR).
7. Process development activities to include creation / modification of process flow diagrams (PFD’s), piping & instrument diagrams (P&ID’s), equipment specifications, control logic, etc.
8. Work on cross-functional project teams during feasibility, design, construction and commissioning phases of capital facilities to achieve business objectives.
9. Work with the FRA Technology department at various plants in support of customer technical service and new product development. Duties will include scale-up of processes, analysis of product performance and management of plant trials.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Job ID #: 1042