McKim & Creed is a unique, employee-owned firm. First and foremost, we value people. This means we not only hire great talent, we’ve also created an environment where each individual can grow, flourish and apply innovative thinking.
As a result, we’ve created a world-class team of professionals within a nimble organization. That’s what our clients want. That’s why we succeed. Our clients hire us because of our people.
McKim & Creed has a reputation for state-of-the-art engineering services that help energy users and providers convert facilities to cleaner, more efficient energy sources; harness the power of renewables; and optimize existing infrastructure and resources.
Our highly respected team of engineers, planners and project managers are committed to the innovation, sustainability and resource efficiencies that lead to a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Building, Energy and Infrastructure (BEI) Group. If you want to work at a company that will help you become the best you can be, we’re glad you found McKim & Creed.
- This person is a technical expert in support of power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, and telecommunication systems for design projects as part of a multi-discipline project team to produce electrical design/construction drawings and specifications for institutional, commercial and industrial facilities.
- This person serves as the lead electrical engineer and provides technical and design services in support of projects as part of a multi-discipline project team.
- They will direct and conduct technical evaluations of electrical equipment/systems, control systems, and prepare design computations and assessments.
- Be responsible for completing electrical engineering design tasks within budget and on schedule.
- Communicate and coordinate technical evaluations and designs, technical writing of reports and correspondence with other discipline professionals, as well as with a Project Manager and representatives of the client organization to complete work efficiently.
- Must stay current with local, state & federal design standards and regulations.
- In addition, this person will have opportunity and responsibility to develop new work and clients related to electrical engineering services for institutional, commercial and industrial facilities.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- NC PE or ability to acquire NC PE quickly through reciprocity
- 10-15years of relevant experience.
- High technical ability, interested in technology and staying current in his field.
- Good ability to communicate and a self-starter.
- May or may not require a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.