- Generate project schedules by interfacing with cross functional team members in development of orthopedic systems.
- Delegate project tasks to interdepartmental and cross functional team members.
- Perform mechanicaldesign of components and assemblies including model and print generation.
- Collaborate with internal and external metal fabricators to produce medical devices including implants, instrumentation, tooling and fixtures based upon Shareowners designs/concepts.
- Create protocols and oversee execution of testing and report generation.
- Develops solutions and execution strategies in complicated or novel situations.
- Networks outside of area of expertise; provides advice to ensure understanding of non-technical matters.
- Impacts the business by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in area of specialization
- Responsible for completion of design controls per internal standard operating procedures.
- Applies broad knowledge to act as a key contributor on complex or critical assignments; contributes to the standards around which others will operate.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Leads projects of moderate scope (may be cross functional or involve multiple teams); works on complex issues and is guided by expected outcomes; acts as an adviser other team members.
- Must have previous spine or orthopedic medical device experience
- Previous CAD experience preferably Pro/E, Creo or SolidWorks
- Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals
- Requires a minimum of 8years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
- Ability/willingness to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Pro/E, Creo or SolidWorks experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.