We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job supports the Radiation Safety Team by working collaboratively with the Hospital Imaging Divisions, Radiation Safety Officer, Physics Team, and external partners to plan and manage regulatory and safety expectations of the program. This position Designs and maintains all workstream documents for the Radiation Safety Team and Imaging Service line, as well as acts and works with internal and external partners to provide vital information on program processes. Will also Assures follow-up of actions are occurring between multiple parties.
Required - Bachelor’s degree
Preferred - Master’s degree in Healthcare, Business Administration or related field. Additional degrees, business training experience and/or certifications may be combined to meet minimum qualifications.
Required - 5 years experience in data analysis or related healthcare experience
Preferred - Radiology knowledge
- Will assist with building program and redesign of program
- Register X-ray emitting devices with the state upon request
- Maintains records of all DEQ registrations (database)
- Supports audits of radiology Joint Commission compliance
- Partners with PI / Rad Quality to maintains a list of Joint Commission checklist of compliance, noting any changes
- Equipment Inventory Management to include integration to formal system
- Formal minutes and action plans associated with the Radiation Safety Committees
- System Survey scheduling to enhance coordination of physics staff
- Develop and manage physics allocations to partner sites
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills and self directed
- Demonstrates Good Judgement
- Technical writing skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills