Sealaska Technical Services (STS), LLC is seeking a Sr. Project Controls Specialist to support our growing federal and commercial business operations from our Richland, WA, onsite office. STS is a growing, progressive business that provides technology integration and deployment, systems engineering and construction management services to a variety of government and commercial clients at job sites around the world.
The position will perform a variety of project control assignments requiring the application of advanced techniques and analyses. Will develop and implement cost control support for one or more large projects; monitoring costs to stay within budget and identifying/reducing financialrisk. This full-time, salaried/benefited position will provide strategic project controls support with functional responsibilities as described below. Local candidates are highly preferred - no third parties or agencies at this time, please.
- Work directly with Project Managers, Program Managers, and Senior Project Control Specialists to support in the execution of all project controls processes and systems on large-scale delivery projects ranging from proposal to close-out phases.
- Support preparation of Estimates of Completion by various approaches, including entering invoice and accrual data in extensive EAC spreadsheets, performing thorough QC check of result and spreadsheet; and working with PMs to develop ETCs and determine accrued costs.
- Assist in the creation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), schedules, spend forecasts and other project related documents.
- Provide support for intermediate planning and scheduling for baseline, resources, and progress tracking needs.
- Implement and execute proper controls to proactively support, monitor, and communicate budget, actual status, and forecast costs, labor hours, and quantities for projects. Develop and issue timely cost reports. Prepare and issue cost analysis narratives including recommendations for corrective actions that are used by the project team to manage the work.
- Support Project Managers in contract management/compliance, invoice management, document control, client meetings/coordination, and interaction with the Sealaska Accounts Receivable team.
- Take the lead in the development and maintenance of periodic status reports to keep management and/or client informed on the project progress.
- Support proposal effort by entering proposal data into spreadsheets, checking all proposals for consistency between Task Order SOW and proposal narrative, and between narrative and spreadsheet.
- Work with Client Contract Administrators and STS PMs to answer proposal questions and resolve proposal issues, ensuring the correct application of Davis Bacon and SCA in proposals; provide support documentation as necessary to Client Contract Administrators after submission
- Ensure that correct direct, indirect, and other rates and labor categories are used in proposals coordinating correct application with Project Managers as necessary.
- Coordinate submission of client invoices, including performance of a 100% quality control check of all before submission to ensure they are error free.
- Monitor project under billed status; Take appropriate action to notify project management of under billed projects so future invoices bring revenue in line with costs.
- Assist PMs to resolve payment or labor charging discrepancies detected on review of Project Status Reports.
- Assist project managers with use of Deltek CostPoint to obtain various project reports.
- Assist the STS General Manager in the development of the annual subsidiary budget.
- Maintain CostPoint project information including the initial set up, budgets, modifications, change orders, and project close-out.
- Assist with the implementation of CostPoint upgrades and enhancements as necessary.
- Prepare spend plans after initial contract or task order award by developing spreadsheet charts laying out planned expenditures versus time and charting actual costs as they are incurred.
- Maintain spend plans regularly distributing them to PMs at regular intervals and using them to alert project and program management of potential budget issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and at least 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area, or combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), earned value management, large DOE contracts, government contracting, and project management.
- Broadly applied software including MS Office, advanced knowledge of MS Excel, and proficiency in CostPoint.
Job ID 2018-2049