- Providing support to executive-level Strategic Mission Managers in planning, assessment, and advice in the following areas: strategic and operational planning, infrastructure enhancement, and conceptual development.
- Organizing, directing, and coordinating planning and production of all activities associated with assigned task order projects.
- Providing support to Portfolio Managers in their continued engagement with DHS S&T customers on the receipt, prioritization, and regular reporting of their operational capability gaps.
- Reviewing documents for grammar, structure, and clarity, as well as technical accuracy in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Providing assistance in managing and responding to S&T Executive Secretary data calls, compiling information, and preparing information for reporting to senior leadership.
- Performing routine tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, writing internal memos, filing, intranet website maintenance, records maintenance, and coordinating daily operations of the assigned program.
- Attending meetings, workshops, conferences, and program reviews at the direction of the program or project manager to assist with meeting minutes or other administrative-related duties.
- Providing data collection and analyses of user requirements and of existing and emerging systems, capabilities, and technologies.
- Supporting the identification, assessment, evaluation, and testing of existing and emerging technologies, systems, and capabilities, including: coordination with related government, academic, and industry programs; attending meetings and symposia; coordinating meetings and programs reviews; and supporting program advocacy including development and production of presentation materials.
• Begin developing relationships one level up and two levels down. Identify and support opportunities to expand project scope beyond current deliverable and actively share information about clients’ emerging support needs and trends with team members and management.
· Participate on proposals
- Either a Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
- SECRET clearance, or eligibility to receive a SECRET clearance.
- Eligibility to obtain DHS Suitability.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills. Proven results-oriented problem solving abilities. Experience with presentation graphics and/or spreadsheet tools.
- Experience providing guidance, feedback, and consulting services to senior government officials (GS-15/SES).
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
- Demonstrated proficiency providing program management and analytical support to programs and projects serving DHS Mission Areas such as Cyber Security, Border & Immigration Enforcement, Preparedness and Disaster Response, and Infrastructure Protection.
- Experience monitoring project development performance and reviewing deliverables to ensure technical, programmatic and financial goals and objectives are met and identify possible program risks.
- Experience facilitating resolution of customer requirements, including helping to identify and document capability gaps, formulate and develop technological solutions, and participate in and contribute to strategic discussions.