Honeywell's Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy's Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
- Analyzes, develops, and coordinates plans for assigned programs/projects. Develops and maintains project planning networks for complex projects related to major weapon/reimbursable programs.
- Reports status of project plans and, if necessary, develops and presents recovery plans at customer review meetings.
- Negotiates project related changes with internal and external customers to assure development/qualification schedules are met.
- Routinely uses supply chain knowledge and FM&T ERP/MRP system to gather data required to manage project plans.
- May participate on Product Realization Teams to develop and implement project plans that support weapon program development and qualification activities.
- Evaluates project status and potential issues; and initiates appropriate customer contact with external customers and across FM&T supply chain to resolve issues.
- Considers, recommends and coordinates workload priorities with manufacturing and test laboratories for the division (i.e., Manufacturing/Operations, Reservoirs, Telemetry, Procurement & Material Management).
- May participate in business development process to assure business initiatives align with technology roadmap. This includes analysis of customer needs, translation of those needs into practical plans, and development of schedules for major customer reimbursable orders.
- Responsible for monitoring customer orders for complex, multiple item contracts with high cost and customer delivery impacts.
- Represents FM&T as point-of-contact, for external customers, with responsibility for handling customer order scope, schedule, and cost to ensure contracts are completed according to negotiated schedule dates and budget constraints.
- Monitors and assures compliance with DOE Orders, WFO guidelines, and other federal agency agreements.
- Works with engineers in developing budgets and forecasts, and analyzes and reports financial status for programs/projects.
- May write and perform SQL queries, compiles data, analyses results, prepares and maintains documentation and proposes and implements recommendations.
- Identifies and recommends innovative ways to approach defined work and participates in creative problem solving and business improvement changes using Six Sigma tools.
- Leads, trains and mentors Analyst I and II in PP&C tools, processes and programs.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
You Must Have
- Five (5) or more years' experience in administering PP&C projects or programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field, or two additional years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
- US Citizenship needed to obtain and maintain required US Dept. of Energy "Q" level and SCI security clearance.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP/MRP application experience.
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain Management, demand management, contract management, and financial management.
- Ability to identify and make recommendations for resolution of project related problems utilizing analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability with MS Projects and/or NWC directive scheduling related activities including ICOs, schedules, and NWC centralized procurement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of finance activities supporting PP&C.
- Understanding connectivity between PP&C and finance.
- Skills in proposal management and mechanics, strong corporate knowledge, and in presenting customer-focused information clearly, accurately, comprehensively and professionally.