Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client’s success.
If you’re looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Under independent direction, the Senior Programmer Analyst develops moderate to highly complex applications and supports or enhances existing business applications to ensure project requirements and business needs are met.
- While participating in large scale or multiple moderate scale development projects, the Sr. Programmer Analyst creates and maintains moderate to highly complex technical solutions based on their translation of functional requirements and unit tests solutions to ensure proper functionality for business use. Develops technical specifications and design documents from which programs and applications are written.
- Designs solutions and estimates the size of the effort required to complete complex, moderate to large scale projects based on their analysis of the requirements.
- Supports the system, including taking responsibility for the resolution of moderate to highly complex on-call issues, monitoring the system, and communicating with the vendors regarding problems, to ensure the system is functioning. Diagnoses, isolates, and de-bugs issue and performs problem resolution. Documents resolution appropriately.
- Collaborates within their team to provide status updates, discuss issues and ensure technical solutions will work with the others. Mentors less experienced technical staff including otherProgrammer Analysts and Information TechnologyAssociates.
- Learns other development languages and stays informed of recent programming/technology topics to keep up to date and ensure their ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related work experience
- Adaptable and able to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical knowledge to multiple systems and support multiple business groups
- Demonstrated advanced ability to translate functional business requirements into complex technical solutions
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively work with people in the team, other IT departments and/or outside of the enterprise
- Ability to design moderate to highly complex technical solutions
- Demonstrated extensive experienceapplying technical standards and change control policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Three or more years of programming experience
- Proficient in SQL and Relational Database Concepts and Design
- Expert knowledge of a particular technology/language or unit-specific application
- College degree in technology related field with 4 years relevant experience (applications development experience) preferred
- Experience integrating new applications into an existing environment preferred
- Advanced degreepreferred
- Some experience estimating development effort and scope preferred
- Some experience mentoring less experienced technical staff preferred
- 3 or more years of SQL, DB2, or Oracle experiencepreferred
- Prior experience working in multiple technical environments preferred
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer