Sr. Programmer Analyst, IT Ecommerce Technology Services
Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, configure and maintain software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, analyzing and supporting software programs and applications. The Senior Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Guest Systems Support Sr. Programmer Analyst will need strong analytics skills and the ability to teach/mentor other team members.
The Sr. Programmer Analyst will assist in implementing enterprise web application development and service integration architectures for WebSphere Commerce, and may include front-end web development, content management and open source libraries. Lead WebSphere Commerce development and troubleshooting efforts supporting B2B, B2C, API/Web services with responsibilities and activities covering business development, technical discussions, project planning, and estimation.
- Design, Develop, test and support applications and databases by evaluating client needs and analyzing requirements.
- Respond to and resolve production issues in a timely fashion
- Work with business users to understand requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement. Write high quality code that meets requirements.
- Coordinate with other teams to facilitate the build, deployment, configuration and support of applications;
- Provide daily/weekly status reports and communicate open issues to team and manager.
Technologies used in Guest Systems Support may include:
- Database Management
- Complex Stored Procedures
- Web and mobile application triage and CSS development
- AngularJS, Angular 2+, HTML, NodeJS,.NET/C# and/or Java development
- GitBash, PowerShell, and other command line utilities
- WebSphere Commerce
- Technical, Process, and Test automation
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Core infrastructure design
EDUCATION:Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, technology, project management or softwareengineering and/or 3-5 years equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of IBM WebSphere Commerce development experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Thorough knowledge of OOB Catalog/Marketing/Composer data model.
- Design and development experience loading the catalog data using data-load utilities.
- Experience with SOLR configurations.
- Experience with Management Center with WorkSpace enabled.
- Experience with customizing REST APIs.
- Minimum 2 years work experience on projects for in-house application solutions and third party applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex system issues.
- Experience with one or more databases such as DB2, SQLServer etc.
- Database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management in SQLServer.
- Design and development of customized stored procedures, applications and reporting.
- Experience working in an Agile structured environment.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self starter.
- Web store support experience.
- Mobile design.
- Theme Park experience.
- ITIL Certified.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:ITIL Certified