The Senior Programmer Analyst actively encourages and engages in continuous improvement and system development opportunities. Acts as a change agent and prepares and delivers reports, recommendations, or alternatives for improving business processes across the organization and challenges to optimize the current (Infor XA a.k.a. “Mapics”) ERP system. Provides leadership to other Information Systems team members to achieve multiple strategic business system alignment objectives that will reinforce our “One Team” culture.
Partners and meets with decision makers of various functional areas as an advocate for adoption and expansion of effective and efficient systems use through education and leadership. Facilitates business objectives of various team members through design, (i.e., plan, code, train, test, document) and support of business processes, application programs, and integrated systems. Manages various types of projects including but not limited to upgrading, enhancements, new implementation and migrations across platforms.
Collaborates with team members to troubleshoot system and data related issues and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance using ad hoc queries and reports; documents the business requirements; monitors the ERP system jobs (AS400/iSeries/DB2) as well as oversees change management. Conducts research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations to support future acquisitions.
Follows security and change management policies, helps maintain a safe, professional and clean work environment. Performs other duties as assigned by IT Leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Math or Business Administration
- Or: 10 years IT related manufacturing experience
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5years related business experience in ERP application design, development, enhancement, and other sustaining activities.
- Analysis of business processes, defining systems requirements, translating to modeling/mapping methodology for development of database design, application and/or systems integration.
- Implementation, configuration and installation of ERP system environments
- Project Management embracing Change Leadership.
- Creating standard work to aid in system adoption and deployment.
- Extracting and analyzing data from an IBM i DB2/AS400/iSeries platform.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL query language: experience in writing, testing, and executing SQL queries to extract and summarize data.
- Current MS Excel (ODBC) support including use of complex formulas, pivot tables and macros with a proven experience in the operation and analysis of large sets of data.
- Broad understanding of various manufacturing business functions (Finance, Engineering, Inventory, Customer Service, and Purchasing) with a proven ability to apply statistical and analytical methods into research of business issues.
- Using XML, a familiarity with object oriented concepts and data sharing tools (i.e., web portals).
- Business Acumen – Strategic Thinking; understands business objectives
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills – Relating well and considerate of other people
- Customer Focus Skills- Dedicated to meeting expectations as well as requirements.
- Problem Solving Skills- Probing and logical root cause analysis.
- Process Management Skills- Can simplify the complex and create efficient work flows.
- Priority Setting – Spends time on what’s important while setting aside the trivial.
- Presentation & Written Skills – Fluent communicator and commands attention of groups.
TRAVEL: Some domestic and international travel will be required. Must have a valid US driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment – Finance/GAAP, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Supply Chain, Bills of Material, Inventory Management
- Experience planning and leading ERP system implementation projects
- Support of Infor XA a.k.a. “Mapics” with proven RPG programming skills