Our culture empowers us to do things that other companies would find very difficult, if not impossible. It?s uniquely Viasat and intentionally not like any other company.
Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business, or government aircraft and maritime vessels; and empowering international warfighters on the front lines of battle with real-time, secure internet-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for high-requirement missions.
The Senior Program Manager will guide our innovative commercial and government broadband transceiver design teams developing complex cutting-edge RF communication products. You will be responsible for developing the end user equipment (inclusive of hardware and software) that makes our services and service partners successful, while helping drive the execution of Viasat?s strategy.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the execution of these products through leadership, planning, scheduling, risk management, financialreporting and budgeting. This position has ultimate responsibility for meeting required deliverables ensuring product performance/quality, cost, and schedule requirements. You should have a proven track record of leadership, problem solving, performance analysis & metrics (EVM), making trade decisions, utilizing formal program management processes (PMI PMBOK).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage execution of multi-faceted transceiver product development programs involving RF, Digital, ASIC, Electronic Modules, Test Systems, and High Volume International Manufacturing
- Leading Data-Driven decision making with its impacts on financial returns, user experience, and reliability
- Working closelywith operations and supply chain teams to enable a successful transition of new products into production
- Provide development financial/performance/scheduletradeoffs to product management and business leaders to facilitate sound decision making
- Leading cross-functional and geographically dispersed technical teams on complex consumer product developments to ensure delivery of quality products in a timely and cost efficient manner.
Key Attributes for Job Success
- Ability to influence others without possessing direct authority
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Willingness to place company?s needs above self
- Bias for action while balancing need for data driven decisions
- Strong Technical Acumen
- Tenacity as evidenced by dogged determination to obtain results
- 12+ years relevant experience as described above
- Electronics product development and manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated experience driving the development effort of products/projects of similar complexity, size, and scope.
- Experience and ability to influence and lead
- Experience managing utilizing Earned Value Techniques
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Project
- Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering (ME, EE, CE, CS)
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Top Secret Clearance with SSBI/SCI
Viasat is located in the Tempe Arizona in the ASU Technology Center. Arizona is a lovely winter haven and the golfing and resort Mecca of the Southwest. With a solid work force and an ever-expanding family-based community, The Phoenix metro area has arts, entertainment, all major league sports, and a growing electronics industry that continues to flourish.
Are you ready to take the next step in your Engineering career where you will thrive and enjoy coming to work? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at Viasat. We look forward to hearing from you.