Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
Responsible for all aspects of a program at the site, serving as the site liaison between the company and the customer to ensure customer needs are met. Ensures all program-related decisions are guided by the terms and conditions of the customer’s contract. Understands all aspects required to launch a new program or order. Responsible for customer management and satisfaction, order management and delivery, revenue achievement, business issue resolution (A/R, E&O material issues, PPV, credit, RMA’s), and business development.
The Program Manager’s duties will consist of, but are not limited to:
- Top Level shortage reports / CTB status reporting
- Capacity planning and establishing realistic commits. For example, the number of SMT starts can be supported per day or per week.
- Managing build priorities internally & with customer
- Manages process readiness
- Expediting units between work cells, test stations; Must be present on the manufacturing floor to expedite builds
- Resolving internal resource constraints
- Providing customer real-time status updates
- Escalating need for support internally and externally to resolve issues slowing down builds
- Anticipates next step in manufacturing flow and prepares for the next step ahead of time. For example, ensuring that the back end kits are pulled, fixtures ready, programming complete, tooling, materials, resources, etc
- Timely and accurate daily build status reporting
- Coordinates workflow between front end (SMT) and back end (MA and test)
- Ensuring that performance on key business metrics achieves business objectives (revenue growth, margin performance, cost management/PPV, inventory turns, AR management, etc.)
- Ensuring that performance on key customer satisfaction metrics achieves customer objectives (price performance, on-time delivery, quality, etc.)
- Coordination of customer priorities with factory priorities.
- Proactively providing feedback on opportunities for continuous improvement, based on having a solid understanding of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Interfacing with the customer at a high level and being able to successfully manage key revenue programs
• BSME, BSEE, or BSIE degree preferred
• 12+ years experience as a Program Manager
• SMT and System level manufacturing line experience
• Manufacturing engineering experience preferred
• Previous experience as a production line manager or manufacturing supervisor
• High level computer skills are required, including extensive experience with MS Excel and proficiency with Oracle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to multitask and adjust priorities quickly