The Senior Program Manager will lead and manage moderately complex to complex regional and national programs and medical education activities to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives under minimal supervision. Drives to achieve program deadlines and overall benefits with impeccable communication to key stakeholders. Understands and applies the knowledge of business principals including, but not limited to: Medical Education, Finance, HealthCare Compliance, and Regulatory to the project plan. Provides rigorous management of individuals and team, creating a shared vision, measuring performance through analytics and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Provides leadership for projects related to medical education activities and related process improvements, including identification of key stakeholders, milestones and communications, as well as metrics definition and execution.
- Develops project plans, and applies knowledge of project management tools and methods to drive measurable results.
- Develops strategies for programs that are aligned to key business objectives, drawing on strong market knowledge, and an understading of peer-to-peer educational platforms, and general trends in medicine
- Prioritizes and proactively initiates cross-functional partnership and communication to align strategies in a matrix organization
- Negotiates, influences and ensures alignment to deliver expected results consistently, taking active ownership of program results
- Drives continuous process improvement and ongoing enhancement of program formats and agendas, using meaningful measures of success to drive decisions
- Provides programoversight, guidance and leadership through:
- Status updates
- Program tracking
- Identification of challenges and gaps
- Highlighting and resolving barriers
- Facilitating cross-functional collaboration
- Drafting and reviewing communications
- Consolidating activities and reporting to Management
- Driving programs to meet committed timelines and meet key metrics
- Takes a leadership role in managing relationships with internal and external customers, resolving challenges, and managing expectations
- Leads a cohesive team, establishing shared vision, aligning workflows, and coaching individuals
- Manages expenses within assigned budget, and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
Skills and Experiences:
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, effectively prioritize and remain detail oriented.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to establish and communicate meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet deadlines
- Exceptional verbal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and lead, building long-term relationships that can be leveraged to achieve desired outcomes.
- Experience translating complex information into persuasive messages.
- Basic knowledge of peer-to-peer educational strategies.
- Strong team player able to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal day-to-day guidance and have the ability to own problems through to resolution.
- Resourceful and creative in overcoming challenges, with a bias towards action
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the proven ability mentor, train, and inspire others to collaborate towards a shared vision.
- Demonstrated confidence and ability to engage in difficult discussions with diplomacy.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of Program/Project Management experience
- 3-5 years experience leading a team
- 2-3 years experience in Medical Device and/or Medical Communciations
- Experience with analytical reporting, and developing and presenting compelling messaging
- Proficiency with MS tools including; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with project management tools
- Ability to travel extensively (~35%)
- Masters degree or advanced certification in Business Administration / Management
- Project Management background – with certification
- PMP certification
- Minimum - Bachelor's degree