IDEMIA is the industry leader in secure identification solutions used in a variety of applications, including driver licenses, national IDs and more. More than 200 local and national government programs in over 20 countries rely on IDEMIA for their driver licenses and secure ID documents, and we produce more than 60 million documents annually for our customers.
As Sr. Program Manager you will partner with the sales, marketing and technical teams to capture and deliver strategic programs. In this exciting and challenging role you will be part of the Program Management Organization (PMO) and a key member of the team. You will be responsible for influencing senior leaders to align and agree to proposed solutions. This position requires proactive leadership, domain knowledge, strong program management skills, and executive presence.
Keys to your success will be the ability to effectively balance competing priorities and interests, the ability to lead cross-business teams in a matrix organization, and a relentless drive to deliver quality projects to satisfied customers on time and under budget. In addition to program execution responsibilities, you will be instrumental in growing and expanding our programs and other strategic initiatives. You will assist in developing winning capture strategies, help lead proposal efforts, and participate in customer presentations.
- Be the primary representative and work closely with the customer's project manager managing the client's expectations and act as company liaison during the entire course of project.
- Lead multiple project teams, managing day to day program development and execution in compliance with our standard processes while contributing to the refinement of those processes
- Lead and manage process re-engineering efforts in collaboration with customers; ensure the development of clear and unambiguous project requirements, effectively managing customer expectations
- Develop clear program plans with all necessary functional areas (including project schedule, budget, project codes, etc.).
- Manage the budget of the delivery program throughout the life of the program; update and publish ETC /EACs monthly.
- Manage scope change and facilitate value added improvements to projects
- Develop and review revenue forecasts and cost estimates, ensuring accuracy
- Work with all functional managers throughout project to define and monitor resource requirements/constraints and communicate/resolve resource issues.
- Hold project kick-off meeting to review specifications, schedule and team roles and responsibilities.
- Draft and follow communication plan that documents project meeting and status reporting requirements.
- Direct the development of detailed customer requirements, installation and/or system integration plans in conjunction with system engineering.
- Maintain communication with systems engineer and technical management to ensure timely resolution of any technical problems or questions.
- Ensure that engineering and supply chain is aware and are current with the latest upgrades and/or new releases per program plans.
- Be involved in customer installation and training programs.
- Hold regular project meetings with the project team to monitor project execution, control project scope, schedule and budget and manage change.
- Facilitate project team's navigation through company's program delivery methodology and enforce gate checklists completion throughout transition to ongoing solution support and maintenance.
- Perform proactive risk and opportunity management – anticipate, define, measure, mitigate, and retire risks
- Mentor and develop highly talented project and functional managers, serving as a role model for inclusive and ethical behavior while fostering a culture of responsibility and accountability across the business
- Frequent overnight travel is required, estimated at 30%
- Strong Profit & Loss (P&L) skill set
- Well-developed external customer communication skills (written and oral)
- Contract negotiation skills and experience managing teammates and subcontractors
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, influence, and enable team collaboration
- Strong interpersonal and stress management skills, with a demonstrated ability to make effective decisions while working through complex personality, program, and business interest related issues
- Familiarity with industry standard tools, including project scheduling and risk management tools
- A track record that displays a relentless drive to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Ability to build detailed business cases to support new business development efforts
- Project management certification, such as the PMI PMP or equivalent
- Must be a United States citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country or foreign visas or Green Cards
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, with an advanced degree preferred
- At Minimum 8-12 years of experience in program management, with at least 8 years leading cross-business teams on multiple, complex software development and system integration projects that are customer facing
- Strong understanding and experience with Profit and loss (P&L) type projects/programs is a must
- Must have at minimum 5 years of customer facing experience
- Experience working with state government, particularly with moto vehicles (DMV) and IT branches is desired, however, it would also be beneficial to have.
- Experience developing new business capture plans and leading successful proposal efforts
- Experience using and enhancing formal integrated product development processes
- Experience developing formal training and certification of program managers
- PMP or equivalent certification is highly preferred