Help streamline and speed our time to market and build quality in at every step. You will be a member of the new product development team that supports the design and development of innovative, new products, services, and solutions within the Surgical Innovations business specifically Lung Health. As a champion for continuous improvement in the organization, you will be on the leading edge of helping transform our business processes and improve organizational efficiency.
Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
The main objective of the Sr. Manager, Program Management, is to successfully lead the development of a portfolio of products.
The Sr. Manager, Program Management, is accountable and responsible for the development of the product including product development strategy, objectives, quality standards, timelines, project budget and resource allocation. This person will form the project team, work with the Project Manager and Core Team Members to develop the Project Plan and Business Plan, lead the Project Manager and Core Team Members through from product concept to launch.
- Direct an organization of approximately 5 Project Managers
- Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management
- Responsible for establishing expectations the Business can rely upon, aligning the organization to these expectations, and delivering on these expectations.
- Indirectly manage and influence across the global Lung Health New Product Development (NPD) teams at all levels.
- Responsible for developing a high-performance project team, establishing the project charters and metrics, and developing the initial Project and Business Plans.
- Directly responsible for supervisory/management duties of Managers and Project Coordinators, including coaching, communication, recognition, training and development opportunities, recruiting and hiring.
- Effectively manages project outputs including customer requirements and product design requirements.
- Sr. Manager, Program Management, is responsible for ensuring that all Core Team Members are involved in key decisions and buy-in to the decision going forward.
- Fosters trust and transparency within the team in order to optimize team functioning and facilitate the surfacing of issues.
- Works with the (Project Decision Team (PDT) to establish the key performance indicators for the project.
- Ensures relevant issues are communicated to the PDT.
- Develops the project communications plan and directs the Project Manager to develop and distribute communications, as required.
- Provides expert input to commercial applicability of new technology
- Manages the performance of the project team and its members toward team and personal objectives for the project
- Manages and ensures the quality of project outcomes. Conducts project review (lessons learned) in order to improve the effectiveness of the project team and the efficiency of product development with a focus on earlier identification of critical success factors and portfoliorisk management.
- Contributes to the implementation, maintenance and improvement of project management methodology.
- Assesses team member(s) performance and effectiveness in (private) across functional management level evaluations.
- Manages the development and implementation process of a company's products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- BS or BA in engineering is required
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience with 5+years of years of managerial experience
- Or advanced degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience with 5+ years of managerial experience
- An understanding of the scientific, technical, manufacturing, marketing and regulatory processes involved in the development of a medical device product.
- Experience in the medical device industry
Nice to Have
- Proven leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Must embrace change and work within a changing environment.
- Must possess strong analytical skills to evaluate complex technical and medical information.
- Understanding of financial, budgeting and commercial evaluation process is required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate both scientific and business information at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple complex internal and external organizational dynamics
- PMP Certification
- Lean Leader/Six Sigma Certification