The Sr. Program Manager, (SPM), has the overall responsibility and ownership of all program aspects to include budget, schedule, scope and quality for programs large and small, varying in complexity that cover both domestic and international locations. The SPM will ensure efficient and profitable management of programs, organize, and schedule people and tasks, successfully accomplish yearly goals, take corrective action when required, deliver results and complete assigned tasks/projects within the agreed time frames with the appropriate level of quality. The SPM must also be able tocollaborate effectively across internal CSI departments and maintain a personable relationship with the customer. manage multiple projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the day-to-day events of programs typically in excess of $25M.
• Provide direction to the program team.
• Track program expenditures, billings, milestone payments, and estimates to complete against program budgets and schedules. Prepare program estimates to complete, sales forecasts, and cash flow projections. Prepare and issue work authorizations and program directives setting forth details of work to be performed including price, delivery, level of effort, and other terms and conditions of the order.
• Prepare and issue Statement of Work (SOW) outlining the requirements of sub-contractors to furnish services and materials in accordance with agreed schedules and prices.
• Review customer, subcontract, and vendor purchase orders and records acceptance or non-acceptance.
• Coordinate with Engineering to ensure timely submission of documentation for procurement of equipment and material by Purchasing and to ensure that system manuals and final documentation are prepared for delivery to the customer in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with Manufacturing and Quality Control to ensure timely fabrication, testing, packing and shipping of deliverable items.
• Develop, publish and maintains long-range plans, project schedules, progress reports, and budgets for the program.
• Plan and conduct meetings, presentations and discussions as required with customer personnel for the exchange of information or for the resolution of problems that may arise during the life of the contract.
• Function as the prime interface with the customers to resolve problems, including technical, financial and scheduling issues, which are within the scope of, and arise during, the life of the contract, within his delegation of authority.
• Maintain close cooperation with the customer for the issuance, review, execution, and return of supplementary contractual documents and technical information.
• Identify opportunities to expand the business presence both within and outside thecustomer contract.
• Knowledge of engineering, configuration and manufacturing processes
• Experience working with senior executives in both domestic and international clients
• Professional level written and oral communications skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time exempt position, working Monday through Friday; 40 hours per workweek; occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Some domestic and international travel may be required (approximately 20%).
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Program Management, or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in government and commercial (domestic and international) systems engineering and manufacturing program management.
• Must be proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project, and ERP/MRP systems.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• PMP certification desirable.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident due to contract requirements
• Must have or be able to obtain a passport and be available for business travel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Comtech Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Why Work Here?
Awesome Opportunity, Great Benefits, and More!
Comtech Systems, Inc. (CSI), a subsidiary of Comtech Telecommunications Corporation (Nasdaq: CMTL), is a leader in turnkey communication systems for fixed, transportable, and mobile applications including VSAT, HF/VHF/UHF, Microwave, Fiber, Beyond Line of Sight, Troposcatter and IP Networks. With over 40 years ofcontinuous development and innovation, our equipment is designed from the ground up providing the highest level of performance in the industry. Our systems are deployed globally for both commercial and military applications and are currently operating in theUnited States, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and Latin America, in a variety ofenvironments ranging from the extremes of the arctic and deserts, to maritime and tropical settings.