With our strong investment in research and development and our culture of continuous improvement, Hexcel is the industry leader in the manufacturing of composite materials and industrial fabrics. We invite you to join the Hexcel team at various manufacturing sites, sales offices and R&T centers around the globe. Become a part of the “strength within.”
Hexcel Corporation is currently seeking a Sr. Program Manager for our Kent, WA, USAlocation. The Sr. Program Manager will be the point person responsible to manage integration of new programs and / or products in production environment. They are the key customer interface responsible for coordination of technical issues, schedule, quality, pricing, and change management. The Sr. Program Manager provides internal direction to meet customer requirements to Operations and ensures all environmental and safety concerns are addressed. They are responsible for developing detail plans and schedules, tracking and reporting progress through implementation, and assuring all changes are incorporated via Change Board process.
The selected individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following obligations:
- Supports and significantly influences development and owns implementation of program strategies.
- Customer interface and technical coordination - Regularly communicates with all levels in customer organization to manage work scopes, status progress and schedule performance, and ensure Hexcel is responding to customer needs.
- Provides internal direction, tracking, coordination and reporting for key programs. Annual program revenue scope > $50M.
- Translates contractual commitments into detailed work plans integrating cross-functional teams to develop and introduce new products in production.
- Utilizes contemporary program management tools and practices to monitor progress, anticipate and mitigate risks, and take corrective actions to assure objectives are achieved on cost and schedule.
- Schedules and conducts management reviews.
- Manages proposed and negotiated changes through formal Change Board process.
- Leads proposal process, pricing and supports negotiations, determining pricing strategies and recommendations - With a strong foundation in Contracts, Pricing and negotiation acts as key focal point for proposal and contracting.
- Develops estimates to complete, monthly revenue forecasts, market and customer analyses in support of STRAP, SIOP, and business planning processes.
- Leads multi-functional team for Pre-Qualification and Qualification efforts for assigned product lines. Coordinates sales and customer interactions with technology and manufacturing to meet schedule commitments.
- Participates in the development of the Long Term Agreements (LTAs) business cases.
- May be assigned to be PM process owner with responsibilities to improve PM tools, skills, and processes.
- Submits required progress reports on a timely basis and performs special assignments as directed by Group Product Manager.
- Maintains a safe, clean and secure work environment. Actively supports and interacts in monthly and/or plant refresher safety training using available resources and prescribed goals to determine and subsequently help eliminate actual and potential safety issues, unsafe acts and/or conditions to preclude accidents, to keep Hexcel employees safe, and to achieve the Department/Plant and/or Corporate Safety goals and objectives.
- Complies with Hexcel policies, procedures, and Code of Business Conduct.
- May involve direct supervisory responsibilities, but will be responsible for directing the work of others in a matrix team environment without formal reporting relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical background preferred or equivalent experience. MBA or similarly applicable graduate level coursework is preferred, but not required. PMP certification is highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with ideally 4+ cross-functional assignments in the functions of engineering, production, quality, finance, purchasing, program management, pricing, contracts, business management, marketing, or sales. Preferably in the commercial aerospace industry and composites manufacturing.
- Proven business acumen including experience in pricing and proposal development, interpreting financial models, preparation of product strategies, developing project plans, and leading cross-functional program or product teams.
- Strong competency in managing customer interactions and presenting to executives.
- Leadership and influence skills to organize and direct the work of others in a matrix team environment without formal reporting relationships.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong communication and analytical skills and be able to work effectively across all areas of the business.
- Current computer literacy is a must, including full proficiency in the use of the entire Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project Manager, and Outlook), and a working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems. Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.