Sr. Program Manager
Sr. Program Managers provide business and technical leadership for major, high- complexity programs (e.g., Top Projects) within the Franchise, leading program teams through the identification, justification, planning, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes. Sr. Program managers will lead their teams in financial analysis including market research, cash flow, capital, and program positioning. They will collaborate with marketing, legal and purchasing to develop and negotiate contracts.
The Sr PM will interact with and influence senior internal and external stakeholders. Sr. Program Managers will make launch date commitments to businesses and manage stakeholder expectations with regard to program deliverables during the program. This person will serve as a champion of product lifecycle management processes recognizing how program results impact the overall success of the organization. The Sr. Program Manager will develop core team and project management capabilities across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Accountable for core team performance, program schedule and execution, budget commitments and spend
• Leads team in defining program strategies, developing goals, and orchestrating team appraisal process • Provides clear direction on product lifecycle management requirements to meet expectations of external customers and business stakeholders
• Interacts through program updates and reviews with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
• Ensures identification and communication of program/project risks, development of risk plan and proactive management of risk response strategies
• Anticipates potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manages conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
• Maximizes business results through continuous improvement in organization's ability to execute programs from identification through implementation
• Business acumen
• Role model of Vital Behaviors and Leadership Essentials
• Expertise in all aspects of program management
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of developing consumer targeted medical device software products (web based and mobile applications).
Deep knowledge in medical device product requirement generation, software product development processes (SDLC), Verification, and Validation to comply with international medical device regulatory requirements.
• Has to be able to assess validity of overall program/project strategy and deliverables
• Must have understanding of product and functional processes to adequately assess project risk and challenge functional planning content
• Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory or Clinical Practices and Product Development Process requirements
• Clear understanding of 21CFR 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC 62304
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop others • PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired
Education and/or Experience:
At the discretion of the hiring manager, a minimum of an MBA/MS or Bachelor’s with equivalent plus 7 years project management experience and 10 years of product life cycle experience with demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise-wide
Job ID: 70474