Description: This managing level employee is primarily responsible for overseeing the delivery of IT infrastructure and operations capabilities, managing the work of program teams and controlling and mitigating risks, working closely with internal customers, third party vendors and business leaders.
- Manages designated units by translating business plans into tactical action items; communicating goals and objectives; ensuring all policies and procedures are followed; overseeing the completion of work assignments; assuming responsibility for decision making; aligning team efforts; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; incorporating resources, costs, and forecasts into unit plans; removing obstacles that impact performance; guiding performance and developing contingency plans accordingly; partnering with key stakeholders and business leaders to ensure products and/or services meet requirements and expectations while aligning with departmental strategies; and influencing units to operate in alignment with business objectives.
- Pursues professional growth and provides developmental opportunities for others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback; building collaborative, cross-functional relationships; hiring, training, and developing talent for growth opportunities; delegating tasks and decisions; fostering open dialogue amongst departments; strategically evaluating talent for succession planning; setting performance management guidelines and expectations across units; and working closely with employees to set goals and provide open feedback and coaching to drive performance improvement.
- Oversees large scale programs for assigned business initiatives from planning to completion.
- Oversees development and execution of all project plans.
- Oversees the program financials of all projects/programs and ensures projects/programs are managed to budget allocations.
- Oversees and ensures program performance across programs.
- Oversees project/program activities related to organizational change management (e.g., development and execution of user adoption, implementation, and training plans) as defined by the project.
- Promotes, refines, and oversees adherence to established processes and policies (e.g. SDLC including domain standards, Kaiser standards).
- Assists in the establishment and management of proper project management practices in regard to allocation of resources, schedules and task assignments.
- Oversees projects and programs team members and holds team members accountable for results.
- Oversees the decisions of others in reference to internal and/or external resources based on the alignment of team member skills and project demands.
- Communicates a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the team.
- Delivers performance feedback to team members' supervisors.
- Oversees risk mitigation across projects or programs.
- Monitors the compliance of project plans by ensuring team members follow policies and procedures.
- Ensures the alignment, buy-in, engagement and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships as well as communicating appropriately with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior management.
- Ensures team members have identified the right stakeholders for their project based on level of influence and decision making.
- Determines program goals, influences the prioritization of deliverables, coordinates all business processes (e.g. project change management, communication) and facilitates decisions necessary for program delivery by partnering with program sponsors and/or review boards.
- Communicates tough issues to stakeholders and keeps an independent opinion.
- Manages vendor performance and provides direction for service improvements or revisions to strategy.
- Manages relationships and contract negotiations with third party hardware and software vendors.
- Minimum seven (7) years experience managing project(s) using project life cycle methodologies (e.g., SDLC, process management, organizational change).
- Minimum four (4) years experience implementing large, complex projects in a corporate environment.
- Minimum four (4) years experience leading project teams in a matrixed environment.
- Minimum two (2) years experience managing operating and/or project budgets or financials.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or related field and Minimum eight (8) years of IT or related business experience, including Minimum seven (7) years experience managing projects. Additional equivalent work experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Four (4) years supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years experience leading projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
- Five (5) years experience in business analysis.
- Five (5) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.