Meritor Senior Program Managers are responsible for initiating, planning, executing, and controlling projects associated with new product development, product cost reduction, and industrialization to name a few. The candidate must possess the drive to become a future leader that delivers outstanding results in a dynamic cross-functional environment.
• The Senior Program Manager will be responsible for multiple large complexity and risk level projects.
• Manages new product, process, or cost initiatives delivers on achievement of quality, timing, and cost targets
• Able to successfully manage a portfolio of projects.
• Leads cross-functional teams and interfaces with all internal departments working on projects, to keep up to date on project status and ensure timely completion
• Facilitates cross-regional and cross-business unit communications
• Works with customers to ensure project meets customer requirements
• Ensures proper coordination, prioritization, and communication of project objectives
• Aggressively pursue execution excellence utilizing standard project management tools and compliance to Meritor processes including Windchill, GP3, etc.
• May Participate in GP3 process improvement initiatives as assigned.
• This position will be an ambassador of project management to the global community. Sharing of project management skills and knowledge along with benchmarking of best practices to improve internal processes will be inherent to this role.
• Bachelor’s degree required (Business Management, Engineering, or similar preferred)
• Minimum 5 years of program management experience with experience leading major initiatives required
• Minimum 7 years product development / manufacturing experience required
• Complete understanding of APQP process required
• PMP certification or equivalent experience required
• Strong working knowledge of financial tools and metrics (i.e., EBITDA, NPV, Payback, etc.) required
• Intermediate or higher capability and knowledge of Microsoft Project required
• Demonstrated capability and knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required
• Oracle experience preferred
• Windchill experience a plus
• Advanced experience in axle component manufacturing or similar (machining, welding, forging, and coatings) and assembly processes preferred
• Global manufacturing and supply base knowledge preferred
• Experience in Commercial Vehicle automotive is an advantage preferred
• Strong teamwork and ability to interact with all levels and global regions of the organization
• Effective oral and written communication skills including presentation creation and ability to communicate program status to all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical and problem solving ability
• Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision