$100K — $150K *
What does a great Senior Client Program Manager do?
As a Senior Client Program Manager, you will ensure that Fiserv delivers on its commitments to our financial institution partners. And you will serve a meaningful role in driving client satisfaction in partnership with stakeholders across the organization.
Specifically, you will be responsible for 1) Involved in all project intake and client prioritization, 2) Understanding the business objectives and measures of success, 3) Lead the compilation of project requirements and integrated project plan, 4) Liaison between client and Fiserv teams support client initiatives and 4) Manage and oversee client portfolio of projects to ensure successful delivery 5) Partner closely with product and technology to support cross-client initiatives as the platform changes.
You are a key leader who will lead initiatives to support our client needs and be a liaison with Development and Account Management groups to manage client expectations and resolve technical issues impacting clients. In addition, you will proficiently execute against key business success metrics including financial targets and client experience metrics.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Champion and execute client delivery and service processes to manage client initiatives
• Champion voice of the customer feedback for end-to-end client satisfaction and engagement
• Develop strong client relationships and identify opportunities to better support their business objectives
• Ensure alignment with key organizational partners, including executive leadership, sales, marketing, operations, finance, legal, and others to ensure aligned business success
• Provide feedback to Credit Processing Leadership team regarding ideas for new offerings and client needs based on synthesizing intakes through the delivery and service process
• Map out and execute strategies that will enable scaled adoption of products across key customers
• Identify improvement opportunities to gain efficiencies of project methodologies, deliverables, reporting and training to mature capabilities in service and delivery
• Actively lead the development of strategies and programs for large, strategically important regional and global clients
• Understands client business requirements, desired business outcomes and implements solutions
• Leads the compilation of project requirements
• Manages client projects and provides project consultation in partnership with the client
• Liaison between client and Fiserv teams in support of client initiatives
• Provides consultation on product best practices and insights into product capabilities.
• Provides product expertise on usage and functions
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor's degree in business, operations or a related field required.
• 7+ years of experience in business and IT program and project management
• 5+ years of experience in the Financial Services Industry preferred
• Shown success in effectively driving delivery
• Working understanding of business financial practices and accounting
• Strong experience in data-driven management, metrics and reporting
• Excellent ability to lead and motivate teams of 10+
• Operational consulting experience is valuable
• Solid ability to understand complex business and technical concepts and make balanced judgments when faced with trade-offs
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to build consensus
• Exceptional communication and presentation abilities to interact at all levels of the clients from C-level to technical and operation levels
• Solid thought leadership and the ability to influence others through collaborative efforts
• An ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of constituencies
• Strong results orientation with demonstrated track record of success to effectively complete tactical activities
• A high degree of adaptability and flexibility to excel in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Valid through: 3/8/2021