In this position you will be responsible for the product quality planning and product launch process. The Project Manager effectively assures that customer’s requirements are met relative to product cost, quality, and timely delivery of parts.
Additional tasks include:
- Responsible / accountable for project in it’s entirety including project cost, timing, and quality- related items necessary to ensure both customer satisfaction and Hella project objectives are met.
- Anticipate potential problems, plan appropriate resolutions, and take early corrective action before problems happen; authority to engage entire organization to address issues and restore program integrity should such occur.
- Develop and lead cross-functional project team to assure the completion of all activities within the project launch.
- Schedule and conduct team meetings and mandatory project reviews; maintain meeting minutes.
- Closely monitor project activities for conformity to project scope, adherence to customer specifications and other regulations.
- Develop, propose and sell the project’s overallbudget to Executive Management.
- Develop resource, timing and budget requirements for the project.
- Develop supplier timing dates to ensure timely delivery to manufacturer site.
- Communicate timing issues to responsible parties to maintain customer timing schedule.
- Complete source evaluations for prototypes.
- Represent project team to the customer and Hella Executive Management.
- Presents status of project for each Gate Exit during Validation Committee and Gate Review Committee / Program Management Committee reviews.
- Minimum Bachelors of Science degree required preferably in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science Engineering, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience in project management
- PMP a plus
- Strong organizational skills andthe ability to complete multiple tasks within established and changing deadlines.
- Knowledge of common MS Office packages: word processor, spreadsheet, project management, and presentation.
- Ability to work effectively with global cross-discipline teams with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of ISO26262 Fucational Safety preferred
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.