CAM60: Sensitech, Inc 800 Cummings Center, Beverly, MA, 01915 USA
Carrier is a leading provider of HVAC, refrigeration, fire, security, and building automation technologies. These high-technology products and services enable modern life by delivering efficiency, safety, and security across several platforms!
Essential functions and basic duties
The Opportunity: Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just, because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes Carrier stronger. If you share our values and our passion, you will find a home at Carrier. At Carrier, we take care of each other, value different, win and have fun. You will be joining a people-focused company as a member of a dynamic team shaping the future of our process and automation.
The Alliance Manager will be responsible for leading and managing a portfolio of activities in support of solutions or initiatives related to the Lynx platform. They will ensure alignment of the portfolio with overall Refrigeration business goals. While focusing on multiple, related and dependent activities, the manager will encourage strong, cross-functional communication across the entire alliance.
Primary duties include:
- Execute decisions and guidance from Executive Committee and partners with Director, Connected Platform Solutions to take recommended actions for the Alliance
- Provides governance across Lynx and is primary conduit between AWS and Carrier
- Reports to the Executive Committee members through bi-weekly updates/ narratives and 2x2 process
- Work with cross-functional organizations and ensure alignment across work streams
- Identify and mitigate risks, and remove roadblocks within work streams
- Drive follow-up efforts among stakeholders to ensure progress against key milestones and deliverables
- Anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move these projects forward quickly
- Develop reports for senior leadership and other business/technical partners on program decisions, status and risks
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for Carrier resources and services within Lynx co-development effort
- Manages Lynx budget providing monthly burn rate to AWS leadership
- Supports the technical vision, guiding principles and roadmap of Lynx co-development effort
- Oversee Carrier’s implementation and execution of the governance structure and processes for the implementation of Lynx
- Manages internal Carrier Lynx communications and communications with AWS
- Escalates risks, challenges, and issues to Lynx Executive Committee and Account leadership
- Works closely with Carrier CDO and Director, Connected Platform Solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment where not all processes and procedures are clearly defined. Agility to change directions quickly as needed.
- Experience of working cross-functionally across multiple teams and building consensus
- Experience of establishing and analyzing metrics and key performance indicators to manage the business
- Ability to diagnose problems, identify root causes, and develop and drive appropriate solutions.
- Proven experience in managing large scale enterprise projects
- Experience managing the lifecycle of a complex cross-functional program with considerable impact
- Experience driving overall strategy and teams across organizations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years proven Project Management experience managing software and/or hardware engineering projects; Team management experience.
- 5+ years experience with leadership and direction of co-located, remote, and nearshore/offshore teams
- Experience with Lean, Agile, iterative development
- Demonstrated experience in estimation and WBS development
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Travel up to 20% on an as needed basis
- Background in FDA, cGMP, 21CFR Part 11, and Annex 11 compliance support
- Project management certification (PMI)
- Experience with Cognos Business Intelligence tools
Skills and traits
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to influence and promote change
- Strong organizational, alliance and project management skills
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end alliance and project lifecycle
- Proven experience releasing software and hardware products to market successfully
- Ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and relevance to the marketplace
- Good understanding of the wider objectives of the alliance
- Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders
- The ability to find innovative ways to resolve problems.
- Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
- Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
- Attend scheduled EH&S training alliance
- Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
- Recommend improved EH&S practices
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions!
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.