As a Senior Program Manager within Blackhawk Network’s ePMO group, we need a self-motivated, driven individual with exceptional program management skills, a technical background, strong ability to lead teams and can work collaboratively within a global, matrixed and fast-paced environment to deliver successful outcomes.
This role is responsible for managing enterprise-wide strategic initiatives working in close collaboration with product and engineering teams, other internal and external stakeholder groups to develop and execute product roadmaps. This position will support CashStar, the eCommerce entity of Blackhawk Network, and is based in CashStar’s Portland, ME office working closely with the leadership and their teams. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an excellent balance of people, organization, and technical skills, with a strong agile background to deliver global enterprise projects effectively and efficiently.
CashStar is a leading provider of merchant solutions and services for gift card commerce, supporting multiple touchpoints across the customer lifecycle. Our award-winning platform, CashStar Commerce, is a flexible, secure and market-proven solution that enables merchants to directly market, sell and distribute digital and plastic gift cards to all channels and devices. CashStar is a Blackhawk Network Business—a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions. To learn more about CashStar and The Blackhawk Network, please visit www.cashstar.com or blackhawknetwork.com.
- Responsible for end-to-end planning and delivery of key enterprise wide initiatives
- Creates project charters that incorporates the requirements of all cross functional groups served by the initiative
- Leads kick-off meetings for initiatives across cross functional teams to communicate objectives, scope, high level solution, timelines and introduce stakeholders
- Works with Technology leads, vendors and customers to obtain resources needed for solution delivery
- Identifies, documents, communicates and monitors risks, assumptions, dependencies, issues and mitigation plans for the projects. Escalates as needed to appropriate stakeholders
- Presents strategic investment requests required for the projects
- Manages multiple project teams. Manages Scrum of Scrum meetings for programs impacting multiple technology product areas. Leads efforts to resolve project conflicts and establish appropriate resolution paths
- Creates, monitors and maintains delivery plans and status reports and ensures they are communicated to impacted technology leads, project team members, customers, stakeholders and management. Drives various communication forums effectively with diverse stakeholders at various levels
- Creates detailed cost estimates and updates forecasts through the course of the delivery. Monitors capital and operating expenses ensuring spend is within budgets and escalating to address any deviations from plan
- Manages changes to scope – negotiate and draft detailed change requests and related agreements with internal cross-functional and external customer and vendor teams
- Drives alignment of delivery with prioritized technology product roadmaps
- Engages in continuous process improvements within the ePMO and beyond. Adheres to ePMO best practices and utilizes standardized processes and tools
- Understanding of e-commerce, Payments Processing and Management Systems desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, MIS, Business, or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience managing Technology initiatives as a Project/Program manager
- Competency with Microsoft Office tools –Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint etc.
- Experience with Agile SDLC methodology and related tools such as Rally, Jira, Clarity PPM
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution abilities
- Motivated with a strong focus on execution, process and metrics
- PMI certification or equivalent desired