The Sr. Program Manager is accountable for leading strategic projects across multiple product categories. This associate will work closely with the product category teams, and other key stakeholders, to define new product opportunities for the markets BISSELL competes in, then lead cross functional teams through the development and market launch of selected products.
- Communicate and coordinate within all functions of the organization, as well as with key suppliers, vendors and sometimes customers. Must be able to successfully influence internal and external contacts regarding highly complex and sensitive topics. Ensure that program team members and other support functions own and use BISSELL’s Global product development process.
- Own and lead multiple-product initiatives. The Sr. Program Manager will use informal leadership to drive cross-functional teams for program success. Programs managed will mostly be product-oriented, but could include process and people initiatives that are highly visible and strategic. Projects likely will involve global resources.
- This individual is the one voice for his/her assigned programs and requires collaborative integration within the organization. The person in this role will have ultimate responsibility for meeting key program schedule milestones, cost objectives, budget objectives and design guide criteria from cradle to grave.
- Facilitates and leads the scoping of new projects including technical requirements, resource needs, and launch timing targets.
- Creates and maintains project schedules, tracking progress toward objectives and resource levels compared to what was planned.
- Advocates on behalf of the project to creatively solve problems affecting project delivery.
- Guards against changes that may affect the project budget or timing, scoping the impact of any necessary changes and presents change orders to leadership for decision.
- Ensure that program team members and other support functions own and follow BISSELL’s Global Development process.
- Accountable for the capture of knowledge/lessons learned associated with these new projects for future reference.
- May have direct people leadership responsibilities, providing mentorship and coaching for other program manager.
- Degree minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Marketing field.
- Specific concentration: Engineering and/or Marketing degree/background preferred.
- Experience level: Minimum of 15 years with extensive Project Management experience.
- MS in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Supply Chain,
- PMP certification.
- Preference towards three to five years in several of the following areas. Engineering, Project Management, Marketing, Manufacturing, Information Technology.
- Experience building productive relationships with key business partners.
SPECIALIZED TRAINING OR SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to manage cross-functional product development teams.
- Demonstrated ability to move from a broad business strategy to hands on project leadership. Must be able to work with all levels and all regions within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to direct others in developing sound and creative solutions to complex problems in a timely basis.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks, using thorough analysis, effective delegation, sound judgment and timely decision making.
- Positive attitude and the ability to build good working relationships with others, both internal and externally.
- Manage conflicting goals and develop action plans to meet customer needs.
- Effective leadership under pressure, able to implement change and make solid decisions in a fast-paced product development environment.
- Resilient, pro-active and confident in the face of conflict.
- Proven ability to build effective teams and drive for results.
- Proven experience offering unique and innovative solutions to difficult development challenges.
- Experience working and communicating in a global environment with an appreciation of how things get done in other parts of the world. Knowledge of varying cultures and societies and the implications language, actions and behaviors can have.
- Experience with extended travel and working in different time zones are important aspects of this position.
- Deliver Results
- Action Oriented
- Be Accountable, Collaborate, & Communicate
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Managing Others
- Learning on the Fly
- Strategic Agility
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Business Acumen