As the business leader of a multi-functional (and cross-regional) team within a matrix organization, the Senior Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the timely development and successful commercialization of one or more complex BD Biosciences product programs.
The Senior Program Manager leads the cross functional team through the process from conceptualization to commercialization.
The Senior Program Manager blends knowledge of the global market environment with the varying needs BD customers across all geographies. He or she represents the program and the program team to executive leadership as well as the global organization.
The Senior Program Manager is accountable for leveraging new and diverse approaches resulting in optimized solutions by leading the team through commercial, regulatory, manufacturing, and technical problem solving and decision making, ensuring that the functional experts are held accountable.
This leader also leads and facilitates the decisions related to talent and resource allocations, negotiations and changes working with functional managers and other business leaders.
The Senior Program Manager has a deep understanding of the global markets served by BD Biosciences and influences the business to first consider the product’s impact to the customer.
He or she will have demonstrated experience in successful execution of business strategy, challenging assumptions about the fit of the program within that strategy, and aligning program plans to strategic objectives.
He or she will drive for continuous improvement and agility in the global product development process ensuring that program timelines are met or accelerated.
Programs are managed using a structured Phase Gate product development process which includes understanding an ISO, GMP and FDA compliant environment.
- Ensures alignment of product value proposition, program scope, and strategic business objectives
- Represents the customer and market viewpoint when leading the team to make technical and program decisions
- Demonstrates program management best practices and contributes to improving product development process effectiveness
- Champions novel ideas for defining, implementing and bringing to market new products, technologies and services
- Leads the team to prepare for Phase Gate and other Go/No-Go decisions by executive leadership, ensuring that decisions are informed by a balanced and clearly articulated representation of the relevant data
- Leads program planning process ensuring requirements are clear and driven by customer need and experience
- Defines, delegates and evaluates the roles, responsibilities, goals and deliverables for the program and extended team members
- Communicates program updates to functional management and executive leadership
- Leads cross-functional teams through problem resolution including root cause analysis and corrective action
- Creates and sustains an inclusive environment
- Leads the program team to mitigate risks and resolve issues
- Defines program resource needs, and negotiates program resourcing plans
- Leads key technical and design reviews, and constructively challenges the team and the organization to rethink assumptions and approach challenges in new ways
- Ensures compliance with the company's global development process
- Manages program budget and business case
- Responsible for managing highly visible Sustaining programs
- Brings regulatory compliance questions and issues to the attention of management
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required and MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a project or program management role
- Track record of success in launching programs and bringing products to commercialization
- Experience in medical device, diagnostic or life sciences industries
- Experience managing external suppliers
- Black Belt and PMP are also preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Job ID R-24844