The team is looking for a Sr. Program Manager who will lead programs with respect to Amazon devices and others in the Android space and help improve our processes for validating, publishing, and maintaining apps used by Amazon customers. As Sr. Program Manager, you will lead and define the charter, scope, policies and work with stakeholders to ensure successful launches and completion of critical programs required to manage our store/devices. You will play a key role in increasing content selection and helping Amazon build great devices for its customers. Above all, you will ensure we protect Amazon’s high quality customer experience and provide an efficient and transparent experience for our developers and content providers.
You may be the one we’re looking for if you have…
· Partner with other Amazon teams on upcoming new devices
· Define the strategy/any changes in strategy required for content ingestion keeping changes/items coming up in launch calendars
· Define the strategy for processing, publishing, and maintaining apps catalog for devices
· Recruit and manage the team responsible for implementing the app review guidelines and processes
· Create and optimize processes for adding new digital content quickly, while ensuring the content meets Amazon’s high quality bar and follows Amazon’s policies
· Specify requirements for the technological systems and tools required to support the content operations business road map and goals
· Build system to effectively screen and manage updates from developers
· Partner with other Amazon groups as necessary to implement the strategy and manage exception processes
· Partner with other Amazon groups in getting the apps catalog ready for any new devices and country launches
· Above all, protect and enhance Amazon’s appsdevelopers' and consumers'experience
Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business, Information Security, Information Technology or Computer Science (or other technical field).
· Program and People manager with 12+ years of experience managing projects with technical teams
· 5+ years of work experience in IT or electronic handheld devices field focused on leading new technological changes, new product launches in technology, digital media industry or equivalent field.
· Demonstrated experience leading cross functional programs, influence and lead without direct management authority; in or with Operations teams.
· Experience managing dependencies and bottlenecks, providing escalations management, anticipating and making trade-offs, balancing the business need versus technical constraints and maximizing business benefit while building great customer experience.
· Experience communicating across a multitude of platforms with remote team members
· Experience in project management methodologies, business analysis, or process improvement.
· Understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule trade-offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Has a thorough command of the technology/systems that will be utilized to achieve program goals.
- Can identify down-stream process or program problems (i.e. program or system incompatibility, resource unavailability) and escalate them to the appropriate resource before they become project-threatening.
· Experience synthesizing data and leveraging advanced SQL/BI tools/analytics to formulate sound program objectives and goals.
· Mobile industry experience/Knowledge of Android a plus
· Strong process definition and optimization skills; proven ability to define effective, efficient, and massively scalable processes for digital products and services
· Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in delivering a world-class customer experience (ideally in the digital content industry)
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
· Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
· Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
· Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Street smart; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
· Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical orientation; comfort using databases and analytical tools and making data-based decisions.
Job ID: 611246