As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will act as a projectengineer for liquid rocket engine systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects ofengine systems. You will be actively involved in all aspects of customer interactions and the projecttechnical efforts. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will requireyour dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Support the planning, execution, and direction for all phases of projects, coordinating theefforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects
- Develop program plans, budgets, and schedules, both from internally derived goals and constraints and from customer contracts and statements-of-work
- Monitor technical progress, requirements, budget, schedule, deliverables and risks and review recommendations for change with program management
- Primary owner of business rhythm reviews and communication paths to senior management supporting program manager and business teams, including: program management reviews weekly/monthly, finance reviews, long term forecasting, and project deep dives
- Prepare, integrate inputs and support negotiations on technical proposals
- Support the development of specifications, requirements and management of interfaces between customers and project technical efforts.
- Create the framework used to develop and monitor project metrics and manage thecollection of project data
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Engineering with Program and Project Management training
- 10+ years industry experience, 5+ in progressive project management roles
- Demonstrated technical expertise in spacecraft, launch vehicle, or high-performance aircraft development; including one or more of the following: human spaceflight, liquid rocket engines, fluid/mechanical systems, structures and tanks, avionics, and systems engineering and integration.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing small teams on fast-paced projects
- Experience with logic-linked scheduling and cost-account management
- Experience with IMP/IMS, risk management, configuration management, requirements management processes
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Leadership and management experience as well as a history of mentoring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA or MS in engineering management
- Experience across multiple portions of the product life cycle
- Experience with human spaceflight or high performance aircraft systems
- Experience with Primavera (P6), CREO, Windchill, Confluence, Jira
- Experience with proposal leadership or support (technical/management volumes, BOE development, etc.)
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
Job ID 3037