The Senior Program Associate will support program development and implementation of international agriculture programs and initiatives. Programmatic and administrative duties will help ensure quality work addressing sustainable agriculture development.
- Assist Program Officers with project backstopping and coordination of technical contributions of Winrock staff and consultants, providing quality control in reporting, deliverables, and budget monitoring.
- Provide programmatic and budgetary analysis.
- Help to meet donor programmatic and administrative reporting requirements, including through programmatic and financialreport preparation and presentation. Lead and manage projects or people as assigned.
- Meet with and provide information and reports to project clients and beneficiaries as needed.
- Stay abreast of international agriculture activities, programs and funding opportunities.
- Assist with conceptualizing and developing strategies for proposal development.
- Provide substantive input for proposal development and assist in proposal preparation and coordination. This may include managing the proposal preparation team and subcontractors, supporting capture trips, writing proposal text, recruiting and interviewing candidates, formatting documents and CVs; performing internet-based research, etc.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
Education: Bachelor’s degreerequired, Master’s degreepreferred.
- At least 5 years of progressive, cross-sectoral project and program development experience.
- Demonstrated writing abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with public and private funding organizations.
- Demonstrated international experience strongly desired.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Excellent organizational skills essential, including ability to coordinate a variety of tasks, meet deadlines, work effectively under pressure, and work as team player.
- Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem solving abilities required.
- English professional-level oral and written fluency required; fluency in one other major language preferred.
Must be willing and able to travel without dependents to remote locations both domestically and internationally on short trips (up to 2 weeks).
Must not require sponsorship to work in the US.