What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members-they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values-straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity - an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines - Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.Position Summary
Assist with defining and executing the road map - including pricing, product introductions and retirements, feature and functionality development, and offer strategies - for a broad array of products encompassing one or more significant market segments or business lines. Compile, develop and distribute competitive and consumer analysis; product definition and design; business requirements and systems execution; pricing and profitability.Position Accountabilities
1. Assists manager in the development of business strategies, and directs execution against those strategies. Partners broadly across the organization - systems, finance, legal, compliance, training, marketing and all channels - to deliver against defined business objectives successfully.
2. Working with manager, evaluates ideas for new products, investigates business segment opportunities and effect on market of present products; recommends exploitation of economically attractive opportunities. Makes strong and well-reasoned recommendations, and advances controversial or unpopular positions if they are in the best interests of the business.
3. Understands and represents the interests of the customer, translating customer needs into actionable business opportunities.
4. Evaluates current economic conditions and regulatory environment, and advises management of possible impact on entire product and service lines of the overall business segment.
5. Gathers market intelligence so that business segment opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
6. Develops, creates and maintains all savings product analysis such as sales campaigns (weekly KPI and post campaign), vintage analysis, portfolio segmentation and trends and flow of funds analysis.
7. Working with manager, creates and maintains MBR templates for executive review
8. Completes Ad Hoc data requests in a timely fashion striving for accuracy with validations to other reports or previous analysis
9. Performs other duties as assigned or requested. Required Experience
Field of Experience
- 5+ years in a product development/management, analytics, or finance
- 3+ years in a bank environment
- 3+ years pulling data to leverage for analytics that drives the business forward
- Thorough knowledge of business segment's product lines assigned including operational aspects. Complete understanding of product planning, financial analysis, and market research. Thorough knowledge of the sales and marketing aspects of multiple product lines.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Business Analysis and reporting
- Coordinate meetings
- SQL/Advanced Excel
- Teradata (Preferred)
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Use personal computer
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects
- PriceTek (Preferred)
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.Primary Location:
United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: