At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Position Summary
Lead and manage the CD pricing strategy to optimize volume at the lowest possible cost. Monitors competitor rates, and progress against balance/NIM goals to set appropriate CD rates across the footprint. Compile, develop and distribute competitive and consumer analysis; product definition and design; business requirements and systems execution; pricing and profitability. Support deposit pricing governance/Audit routines.
- Assists manager in the development of business strategies, and directs execution against those strategies. Partners broadly across the organization - systems, finance, legal, compliance, training, marketing and all channels - to deliver against defined business objectives successfully.
- Evaluates ideas for new products, investigates business segment opportunities and effect on market of present products; recommends exploitation of economically attractive opportunities. Makes strong and well-reasoned recommendations, and advances controversial or unpopular positions if they are in the best interests of the business.
- Understands and represents the interests of the customer, translating customer needs into actionable business opportunities.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and regulatory environment, and advises management of possible impact on entire product and service lines of the overall business segment.
- Gathers market intelligence so that business segment opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Assists the development and recommendations of pricing strategies that will result in meeting specific business segment and or product objectives.
- Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Support deposit pricing governance routines and charter
- Lead and manage Retail and SME pricing strategy to optimize volume at the lowest possible cost
- Build and execute price elasticity testing and leverage sales volume scenarios to inform rate/volume trade-offs
- Manages CD term pricing schedule and makes recommendations to optimize the portfolio
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters Preferred
- 5+ years in a product development/management, analytics, or finance
- 3+ years in a bank environment
Field of Experience
- Thorough knowledge of business segment's product lines assigned including operational aspects. Complete understanding of product planning, financial analysis, and market research. Thorough knowledge of the sales and marketing aspects of multiple product lines.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate events
- Coordinate meetings
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint
- SQL Preferred
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Use personal computer
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.