Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must—and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
This position contributes to CoreLogic success by leading high performing teams on technology solutions projects and by ensuring Enterprise Business Systems continues to meet project delivery expectations . As a senior Technical Project Manager, you will partner closely with IT and business stakeholders, managing a portfolio of projects to ensure continuity, coverage, and consistency and to enable efficient enterprise planning, execution and reporting.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develops a deep understanding of projects within the program portfolio, with a clear understanding of business and IT context, and develops an understanding of cross-program portfolio dependencies.
- Works independently, with limited day-to-day guidance from senior leadership.
- Performs core project management duties, including guiding the project through formal approval and funding gates; developing a project plan that includes a detailed budget, project time-line, detailed task-driven schedule, project RACI and resource plan, and communication plan; and managing project execution from analysis/design through build, test, and deployment.
- Partners with relevant IT and business managers to ensure that the project has the skill-sets and resources required for delivery.
- Oversees and directs the activities of portfolio management as they relate to cost, resources, time-line and schedule of investments, expected nature, magnitude and timing of benefits to be realized, and relationship interdependencies with other projects in the CoreLogic Technology portfolio
- Conducts project portfolio modeling and analysis for portfolio level planning and reporting
- Tracks and reports project metrics for all projects in the Enterprise Business Systems organization and maintains centralized accountability for management of project portfolio; works with leadership to provide strategic and tactical advice on program/project planning
- Supports Enterprise Business Systems' portfolio communication, program/project analysis/reporting, process development
- Partner with IT Finance, Strategy, and Operations on Portfolio Financial Management
- 5+ years experience as a project manager in technology or a software development setting.
- 8+ years overall experience working in technology or a software development setting.
- 3+ years experience managing, analyzing, and optimizing organization's portfolios.
- Experience in leading annual and quarterly financial planning and analysis.
- Leads by example and builds teams with a confident and positive attitude, patience, honesty and integrity, and a strong sense of commitment.
- Has the ability to know what is possible and what is not, and to know how to navigate project engagements efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to engage in difficult conversations that result in positive, actionable outcomes.
- Ability to navigate complex and diverse landscapes effectively.
- Seeks and provides honest, transparent feedback.
- Ability to build and lead high-performing project teams.
- Proficient at daily management of offshore and remote delivery teams.
- Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to their commitments.
- Drives decision-making that favors compromise and alignment over consensus-building.
- Good facilitation skills; ability to adapt approach to different types of engagements.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Understanding of IT program and portfolio management practices.
- Expert-level knowledge of standards and practices for IT project and program lifecycle management activities and deliverables.
- Clear understanding of project technical activities, including: (1) solution analysis and design; (2) enterprise, solution, and infrastructure architecture; (3) systems integration; (4) data conversion and migration; (5) environment management and build processes; and (6) deployment planning and execution.
- Experienced in MS Project and at program portfolio management tools.
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Product Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.