- Design, code, test and debug complex software while developing new functionality, and enhancing existing functionality, in order to satisfy customer requirements, both internal and external.
- Design work encompasses a broader project/system scope. Work is assigned via broad guidelines.
- Work includes developing detailed specifications from which applications will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged.
- Consult with product owners/business partners to define requirements and software design.
- Evaluate feasibility and make recommendations, considering things such as customer requirements, time limitations, system limitations. Mentor less experienced team members in learning this process.
- Define scope and develop testing methods, collaborating with QA team and other developers. Work with QA team to improve all levels of testing efforts, developing and enhancing testing methods and processes. May also perform testing. Support, maintain and document software functionality. Makes recommendations on and influences engineering processes and methods.
- Provide operational support on complex/escalated issues to diagnose and resolve incidents in production systems. Incidents tend to be fewer but more complex, requiring analysis of issues, determination of additional resources to resolve the issue, and an in-depth system perspective. Explore and research new and alternate technologies and platforms. Evaluate, recommend, and apply these alternate/new technologies, disseminating information throughout the team/department. This includes documenting large and complex assignments for knowledge transfer and developing expertise in multiple areas. Mentor other team members on area(s) of expertise. Provide technical guidance on a wide range of systems/projects.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Master’s degree desired
- 8 to 10 years of solid software development
- Strong background in data analytics
- Experience working with a terabyte (or larger) data sets
- Strong SQL skills
- Elastic/Kafka experience desired
- Strong Java foundation and knowledge
- Spring experience desired
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry a plus
- SAML, OpenID Connect & OAuth knowledge a plus