Join the team that powers the global real estate economy - CoreLogic is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver unique property-level insights that power the global real estate economy.
We are a $1.95 billion in sales company with more than 6,000 employees globally serving the financial services and insurance industries. We are evolving at a rapid pace and the clients we serve are challenged from every direction, which means we are growing and innovating to help drive their success. Working together, and differentiated by our superior data, analytics and data-enabled solutions, we empower our clients to make smarter business decisions through data-driven insights. We take initiative, are fully accountable, build respect and trust, make transparency a must — and engage, include and collaborate at every turn.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
- Provide legal support to CoreLogic subsidiaries which provide tenant screening and credit reporting services; advise and counsel business leaders on legal matters impacting the covered businesses and act as subject matter expert on these issues across the enterprise
- Draft, review, and negotiate customer contracts, incorporating both a commercial and regulatory/compliance perspective
- Work closely with compliance officers to support compliance function for the relevant subsidiaries, including reviewing new and pending legislation
- Manage escalated disputes, claims, and litigation – review pleadings, discovery, briefs, etc. as needed; coordinate with outside counsel and internal clients; attend mediations and settlement conferences as needed
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 5 years' experience as a practicing attorney, at least two years of in-house counsel experience with some law firm experience
- Experience with the Fair Credit Reporting Act ("FCRA"), with experience managing or defending FCRA claims/litigation
- Experience defending and/or managing consumer claims and litigation
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating agreements
- Familiarity with consumer financial services and/or mortgage lending and servicing
- Strong writing and communication skills