The Sr. Production Planner will work under thegeneral direction of the Master Scheduler with minimum supervision. They are responsible for performing diversified, technical duties of a complex nature. They will coordinate the activities of material management groups associated with major programs and use analytical abilities to resolve complex and diversified problems related to material management. They are responsible for the creation monitoring and execution of a monthly production plan for the site’s manufacturing facilities. They will create a finite schedule to be executed at site level. They will be required to review the gross requirements through MRP and or a LOB to create a material plan that complies with required service levels. They must possess an understanding of all the materials and processes that contribute to the marketing, design, sales, manufacturing and distribution of the products they are scheduling and planning. The Sr. Production Planner must be capable of developing a working line of communication with people from all levels of the organization.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze demand and supply balance and determine out of balance conditions: then identify alternatives and recommend actions for approval
- Seek ways to reduce production and vendor lead-times through performance improvement projects
- Works with team leads to identify critical bottlenecks in operations or resources and determine the capacity for each resource.
- Acts as a single point of content with the demand control team to determine the future work plan based on forecast, order trends and other abnormal demands
- Create monthly production targets and run weekly meetings with schedulers to assess progress and address any issues or special situations.
- Create and maintain a valid material schedule and process: communicate priorities through the manufacturing scheduler and provide a weekly execution metric to measure performance to the plan.
- Assist the Master Scheduler to incorporate new product introductions in the plan build, (engineering change board) optimize batch release and plan direct shipments.
- Summarizes daily and weekly masterschedules for released and firm planned orders and compare these to the production plan to insure consistency.
- Performs inventory tracking, reporting, troubleshooting and corrections that impact plant finished product, WIP, raw material and packaging inventory accuracy. Striving for 100% system match.
- Control inventory targets approved by management to guarantee the right material coverage to avoid lost sales or over stock situations
- Continually work towards on time release of all travelers and Purchase requests
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business or relevant field. (Preferred but not required)
- 7-10 years of production planning experience using an advanced MRP, ERP system within a manufacturing environment.
- Have an Advanced working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Some experienceworking with EPICOR is very desirable. Strong Computer skills in MS office to include Advanced Excel, Outlook and Word is also preferred.
- Some production planning and supply chain certificates (CPIM, APICS etc.) are preferred.
- Experience with Process Excellence, Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Detailed orientated with exceptional time management and multi-tasking ability.
- Proven ability to develop reports, analyze the data and initiate problem solving. Must be analytical and data driven in their decision-making process.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, speaking, coordinating and organizational skills a must.