A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your CallingAt Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
Senior Production Facilitator
Overview: The Senior Production Facilitator manages and coordinates activities of hourly employees, leads production facilitators within our production department through shifts to meet departmental and company goals and objectives. The Senior Production Facilitator directly supervises 25 to 50 hourly employees in the various departments and indirectly supervises other production facilitators and hourly employees asassigned. Other responsibilities include training and motivating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This position serves Rheem's Water & Heater Division in Montgomery, AL.
What You’ll Do:
- Communicate with the various department managers and superintendents as required to facilitate efficient operations.
- Controlling the quantity and quality of work of the assigned group and coordinating work with other sections or departments towards efficient operation.
- Planning the flow of production through the assigned section or department, while influencing and improving methods and procedures for higher production efficiency.
- Develop, implement and support use of Lean Manufacturing Concepts where appropriate.
- Responsible for ISO procedures, day-to-day record keeping and charts.
- Assist in setting fair and equitable standards for operations.
- Responsible for meeting all schedules established for the assigned section or department.
- Interpret instructions, specifications, handbooks, blueprints, engineering drawings, and company policies for hourly employees.
- Provide feedback to department managers and superintendents on performance of production facilitators and overall operational efficiencies.
- Conduct departmental safety and quality meetings.
- Inspire and maintain high employee morale through foundational employee-management relations according to established policies.
- Recognize and inform Leadership of hourly employees' capabilities.
- Consult with employees to gathering facts and settle individual complaints or problems before they become formal grievances.
- Maintain discipline through prompt, impartial action and enforcement of company policies and procedures.
What You Need:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university with 4 years professional experience or a High School Diploma /GED with a minimum of 10 years of experience in a high volume manufacturing setting.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computer.
- Must have good people skills, the ability to work and interact in a team setting.
How to Stand Out
- Knowledge and experience in Heater, Boiler, Material Control and Shipping a plus.
- Working knowledge with MTMS, CADView, and Microsoft Office Software.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. (required testing)
- Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.