Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Senior Production Engineer
Our client is positioned at the beginning of their growth phase having successfully spun off, implementing the foundations for the business success with very knowledge and technical leadership in place from day 1, and ready for rapid company growth offering a great career opportunity for great people. If you believe in driving results in a friendly environment that is open to creative ideas and diverse perspectives, then this is the place for you. They are built on a rich history of teamwork, innovation, and customer focus and that has a fun, entrepreneurial mindset.
They are a leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals serving the food, automotive, sports apparel, and building materials industries. They are respected by customers far and wide as a trusted partner that can be counted on for quality products, sustainable solutions and reliable supple. A career with this company means opportunity & possibility for people who seek variety, responsibility, and hands-on experience in a dynamic workplace.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining methods, operation sequence and processes in specific chemical/mechanical fields of distillation, reaction, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer
- Daily troubleshooting of operational issues and developing methods to mistake-proof processes plant-wide
- Interfacing daily with Front-line Supervisors, Board Operators, and Field Operators as well as Engineers and Management to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Devising and leading change projects of cost savings involving energy reduction, yield improvements, and quality variation, through the plants Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Interfacing with controls group to engineer distillation, reactor, heat exchanger, and metering control schemes
- Interfacing with project engineering in coordinating the release of new projects, from design through commissioning and optimization
- Championing process safety and environmental compliance of equipment and procedures using HAZOP analysis
- Monitoring operational conditions of the plant daily to ensure sustainable productivity using DCS (Distributed Control System) and other online process monitoring tools
- Adopting and leading Honeywell Manufacturing best practices through LeanSix Sigma Principles, 5S, Kaizen events, and set-up/changeover reduction
- On-call rotation with operations group, reporting and resolving any plant issues on back shifts
- Production Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 or more years Production/Process experience in environments such as: Chemical, Petro-Chemical, Pulp & Paper, Refinery or Pharmaceutical
- Established skills and knowledge within a professional discipline requiring knowledge of job family principles and theories preferred
- Ability to interact with parties within and outside of own job family preferred
- Able to influence parties within own job family at an operational level and explains facts, practices and policies related to parties outside of job family preferred
- Software experience with ASPEN products, PIPE-FLO, & Minitab a plus
- Strong experience in specific chemical & mechanical fields of distillation, reaction kinetics, & fluid mechanics a plus
- No Sponsorship