We’re looking for a unicorn! That rare mixture of production accounting and corporate accounting to round out our small team.
Are you a rock star Production Accountant ready for exciting, fast-paced studio work? You’ll help lead the Production Accounting team for digital platforms and non-traditional video projects.
You’ll be based in the heart of our main hive on the Pacific Coast: our West Hollywood campus. Here you’ll supervise our super awesome team of 4, as you report directly to the departmental head. Additionally, you’ll help support teams in NYC and various others on-location scattered throughout the world.
- Work with hands-on, contributing and overseeing the day-to-day workload and ensuring completion with accuracy. Serve as support for entire Production Accounting Team, Production Managers and Producers.
- Focus on staff efficiency, training, interdepartmental reporting, troubleshooting, establishing and documenting best practices.
- Support, train and supervise a small staff in multiple offices.
- Cover for all production accounting positions when they are out of the office.
- Investigate and report on potential process improvements.
- Review and reconcile the corporate roll-up of monthly production activity.
- Assist Director in departmental management, staff evaluation, and other tasks as assigned.
- 6-10 years of solid industry knowledge and experience. At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
Comfort and experience in fast growing companies with a start-up mentality, social media savvy and paperless office.
Awesome organization skills, are super detailed but able to think big picture when needed.
Must be very willing to adapt to new methodologies. Not set in your ways!
Solid knowledge of Production Accounting practices with some Corporate Accounting experience.
Non-traditional, digital, or new media experience preferred.
- You must be an expert in the PC version of Excel.
- Must be expert level in Ease/Smart Accounting (i.e. master of all modules including AP, P-Cards, PR, JE, Cost Reporting, Cashflow, & Banking.)
- Traditional film & tv style budgets with some knowledge of Movie Magic.
- Master multi-tasker and management of time.
- A positive, “Let’s get it done” attitude with the work ethic to back it up!