Requisition ID: 921
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines to Lotteries to Interactive. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees.
The Technical Support Engineer provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems.
- Identifies and by working withinternal stakeholders determines and manages the impact to customers of major rgs changes / releases.
- Documents, trains and communicates changes to rgs with focus on necessary process changes to Customers, Customer Service and RGS Product Specialists
- Identifies and documents operational procedures for new product deliveries
- Diagnoses highly complex technical issues and works with functional experts to resolve
- Investigates and resolves highly complex technical issues escalated from rgs Product Specialist team
- Conducts ‘integration service reviews’ with Tier 1 partners and:
- Identifies issues and required fixes
- Manages fixes to production deployment
- Makes recommendations of how to improve integrations
- Tracks and measures revenue impact of improvements
- Assists in Customer Service training, quality assessment and monitoring of rgs enquiries.
- Assists in RGS Product Specialist training and skill development
- Monitors trends and activity within the rgs system, making recommendations for changes where appropriate.
- Evaluates and recommends rgs system enhancements
- Participates in regular service reviews where detailed explanation of technical incidents is needed
- Manages complex Major Incidents to resolution
- Heavily analytical with the ability to understand and develop complex process and analysis
- Extensive experience of system architecture, integrations and networking
- Able to easily communicate complex ideas and systems.
- Experience in documenting process and knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Typically, has 2- to 5-years of casino operations experience plus a bias toward system knowledge
- Advanced Knowledge/Experience/Understanding of integration processes from the point of implementation/development phases to production roll-out
- Knowledge of desktop/mobile browser debugging and systems networking
- Knowledge and understanding of API (SOAP and REST Technologies) data exchange and XML reading highly desirable
- Able to communicate complex ideas in a logical and audience appropriate manner
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy