Imagine everything the industry thought to be true was different.
And then imagine you're on the team driving the change that defines the future.
We are looking for an experienced product marketer that is curious, a self-starter and ready to roll up their sleeves to make an impact on the Numerator business. As a Senior Product Marketing Manager, you will help grow Numerator's revenue by becoming a trusted partner of product management, sales, marketing and services teams through your knowledge of our products, deep customer/prospect understanding, and ability to distill crisp value-oriented stories from complex information.
- Develop clear, compelling value-based product positioning and messaging that differentiates new products from others in the market
- Plan and take part in the launch of new products, working with product management and other departments in such launches
- Support new product testing / betas
- Create product content such as pitch decks, one pagers, case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts
- Create customer-specific product content as needed / resource-dependent
- Communicate the value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Brief other marketing teams on product development and new products to support our integrated marketing plans
- Own existing customer communication (e.g., for new features/functions, sunsetting, etc.) and partner with customer success on training as needed
- Gain insight into customer use of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas – working with product management and through analysis of research, sales data, product usage, etc.
- Do primary research on competitor messaging and work with product management to understand competitive product and service offerings, acting as needed
- Optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
- Speak and present about products to external and internal audiences as required
- Manage external product perception e.g., in product review forums (G2Crowd)
Skills & Requirements
- Collaborative skills: As a product marketing manager you will have to work with teams across your organization. This will often include the sales and marketing department, the engineering department, product management, press and PR and senior executives. New product launches are inherently ‘cross functional’ and entail coordinating the work of many different people.
- Communication skills: Both speaking and writing abilities have to be tapped in this role. You will frequently have to present about new products and write engaging copy, telling the ‘story’ of products, for various marketing channels.
- Research skills: A crucial part of being a product marketing manager is gaining insight into customer needs and experiences. Analysis of data, surveys and customer interviews will be part of this mix and you need to be well acquainted with these techniques.
What You Bring
- Bachelor or Master's Degree
- 5-7 years experience in product marketing, digital marketing and / or product management.
- Demonstrated expertise working with syndicated and custom market research data – our SaaS platforms all deliver data feeds directly to our client, you’ve got to be comfortable with that.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We write a lot, we talk a lot, we present a lot. Comfort speaking in front of groups – both internally and externally – is preferred.
- Proficiency in content management systems. You will need to build product pages, optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and optimize for lead-generation.
- Familiarity with the principles of design thinking, and how to create an emotional impact with audiences.
- Managing cross-departmental projects, from team coordination to being a willing decision-maker to keep projects moving forward.
- Experience with WordPress & Drupal, Adobe Suite, Salesforce, and Marketo is a big plus.
What We Offer
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture- we work in an open environment while working together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs as they come.
- Market competitive total compensation package.
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching.
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and work with people across the entire company.
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences and employee resource groups.
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental, exceptional maternity leave coverage, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, 401K/RRSPs matching, and more.